We are putting a supersix intake on the slant in the grandsons duster and a 2245 holley carb. I

-

bigus1949

Reaction score
With a 2245 holley carb. I need info on hooking up the throttle and kick down cables. Seems no one makes a kit for the 2 barrel carb.

sure they do. A 2245 is the bigger 2 barrel made for a 360 or 400. Wont directly bolt to factory super 6 intake. They make adapters to go from the small 2 barrel pattern to the bigger 2 barrel intake pattern but then you might have hood clearance issues, and the linkage (especially kickdown) is gonna be a nightmare.

I think the super six intake is designed for a Carter BBD 2bbl — that's what is on mine. A cable kickdown will work, but you need some kind of bracket to anchor the carb end of the throttle cable and kickdown cable, keeping them parallel. I just used a hardware store right-angle bracket, attached to an existing bolt on the intake. This was in addition to the bracket supplied with the cable. I used the Bouchillon kit, which also included an adapter for the throttle lever on the carb.

sure they do. A 2245 is the bigger 2 barrel made for a 360 or 400. Wont directly bolt to factory super 6 intake. They make adapters to go from the small 2 barrel pattern to the bigger 2 barrel intake pattern but then you might have hood clearance issues, and the linkage (especially kickdown) is gonna be a nightmare.
A) The bolt patterns are too close for a simple adapter, the holes would overlap. I used that carb on My Killer6 part II, 3/8" thick aluminum plate w/the holes in stk. location on the Dr. side, (2) counter-sunk screws at the stk. location on the Pass. side, & 2 studs at the new pattern further inboard on the Pass. side. I then slotted the holes in the 2245 base on the diagonal into the stock BBD positions, & ground out the intake base to an open oval to match the 3/8" plate.
B) Doing this, the stk. Super Six linkage worked perfectly. Obviously the 1bbl. linkage is out of the question.

Bouchillon makes a cable kit they say works with the BBD. I see no reason you couldn't modify it.

With a 2245 holley carb. I need info on hooking up the throttle and kick down cables. Seems no one makes a kit for the 2 barrel carb.
A rod was used. Be great to find one if you could. It would make it easier.

Last edited:
I’m using the Carter BBD 2 barrel off of a 318 on my basically stock 225 Slant6 in my 70 Challenger. I use Lokar cables for my kick down and throttle. Since I have Hooker headers in place and they build up a lot of heat under the hood, I had a custom heat shield made from 1/8” T6 aluminum for under the carb. I am using a 14x3” open element after market air cleaner. I have the dual scoop power bulge hood on the car so hood clearance for everything is no problem.

See this thread for kickdown options.

And yeah, you'd do well to find a more appropriate carb; the 2245 is bigger than optimal for a near-stock Slant-6. A well-chosen Carter BBS, Holley 2280, or Bendix-Stromberg WW3; or the Rochester 2GV used on 318s only in '71.

-
Back