We need a freekin' letter writin' campaign

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Let's all get together and deluge Craigslist with emails about their stupid, ill functioning search engine.

You cannot search for things like "a body", "model t", or "Ford 9 inch" because Craig's stupid search engine REMOVES short terms they don't think "we need," example:

1zf085x.jpg

You're right that is a big fat PITA.

But you know what is even more annoying and it is particularly bad in the automotive posts? The freaking over-posts. I am so tired of doing a search for "Hemi Supercharger" and getting parts for f-ing chevys and JDM crap. Some of the people have 1/2 a page of tags in a lame attempt to sucker me to look at their advertisement.

Yeah, like I'm going to buy f-ing tail lights for Honda Civic.

GRRRRR.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I never use the Craigslist search since it only brings up local listings. I too use the Jaxed Mash search like this one
for "a body" Mopar under the vehicle parts catagory. It'll bring up ads from all over the country.
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/sd.cgi?cat=pts&fil="a+body"+mopar&state=&submit=go

I figured out to change the search from the page you posted, but I'll be dammed if I can figure out how to "run the thing" from the home page. Makes no sense to me at all.

I had been using crazedlist.org, but it uses the same stupid search as Craigs.

I figured out to change the search from the page you posted, but I'll be dammed if I can figure out how to "run the thing" from the home page. Makes no sense to me at all.

I had been using crazedlist.org, but it uses the same stupid search as Craigs.

From the home page look for "Mash- Catagory Select" and click on that. Then you can pick vehicles or vehicl parts.

Good luck. If you start looking for cars you could be on there for hours looking at all the ads for all the cool cars you'll find.
It should pull up Craigslist, Kijiji, and e-bay, but it doesn't always have all the ads and sometimes it has ads that have recently expired. Still. it the best way I've found to search Craigslist so far.

Try using www.searchtempest.com for an engine. It searches craigslist in all cities and on eBay as well. I like it a lot.

Searchtempest, just like crazedlist, DOES NOT CURE the problem. It still uses Craig's search criteria, and, as in the original example, if you put "A body" in the search, you'll find that it gives you the same message I posted.

Here's a trick with google. if you type in what you want to find, followed by a @ symbol, followed by the website you want to find it at, you may be able to refine your search. Confusing? I'm sure:) let me show you an example:

at Google, type in: Ford 8.8 @ forabodiesonly.com

And this is my result: the first search that comes up is the Ford 8.8 swap at this site:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...gc.r_pw.&fp=f17ae772ca1ea813&biw=1366&bih=588

so, maybe we can try this on craigslist? Just a thought........ I read about this google thing about a month ago. It's something they have been working on...

Try craigspal.com, there is a free version and it searches all cities,states as well as countries. It is easy to use,it is not perfect but I have had good luck finding things fairly quick.

Searchtempest, just like crazedlist, DOES NOT CURE the problem. It still uses Craig's search criteria, and, as in the original example, if you put "A body" in the search, you'll find that it gives you the same message I posted.

On the contrary, I did type in 'a body' and I got no such message. Weird that it didn't work for you. The downside however, is that anything with an 'a' or 'body' in it will likely come up. I usually add 'Dart' or something similar to narrow it down.

I am going to try the Google thing for sure, though. If that works I will lose a lot of sleep searching for parts!

On the contrary, I did type in 'a body' and I got no such message. Weird that it didn't work for you. The downside however, is that anything with an 'a' or 'body' in it will likely come up. I usually add 'Dart' or something similar to narrow it down.

I am going to try the Google thing for sure, though. If that works I will lose a lot of sleep searching for parts!

Could you post a link to the page you came up with? I'd like to see ""what"" is going on

Here's what I came up with, example:

http://www.searchtempest.com/result...1&category=8&subcat=sss&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Notice the message, bottom of this screenshot:

34ex8nr.jpg

-
Back