We said goodbye to Jemma today

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I said my goodbyes to our little Jack Russell Jemma tonight. Lori and Nick are on their way to the vets as I type this. We had a tumor removed about 6 months ago and 2 more came back and these ones were even worse. We knew it was going to be soon, but after Lori spending a week with me here, she came home and Jemma was in pretty rough shape. I never liked little dogs, but the minute I met the yappy little girl I fell in love.
Sucks being here and not being able to do anything. I had to ask my son Garrett to dig a grave for her and Dad had a nice wooden box he gave us. These are things that I should be doing but cant. We have spent quite a bit of time on Skype but it just aint the same. I wanted to be there for them all.
She was camera shy, but knew it was me on the other side of the laptop when we Skyped. Her favorite thing to do was to chase chipmunks n squirrels, and show Rufus she was boss! LOL. The last 2 photos are moments ago.

Thanks all for your kind words and thoughts.

Attachments

• small card 022 (Medium).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 340
  • hangout_snapshot_28 (Medium).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 323
  • hangout_snapshot6 (Medium).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCF0177 (Medium).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCF8299 (Medium).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCF8508 (Medium).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCF8529 (Medium).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF8534 (Medium).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCF8541 (Medium).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 323
RIP Jemma. It don't look like she missed any meals. lol

It IS tough, been there. Our pets just become so much a part of our lives. Our last Boxer lived to be 15, so we got us another, but when our first boxer died it was heart breaking to say the least.

Get yourself another! It will be good therapy.

Steve I am so sorry to hear this, now I am upset.
Prayer's to you and Lori.

I have to face this also in the near future with Krissie(cushing disease).
She's good for now.

Again I am so sorry to hear this.

Darryl

Here is a picture of my buddy. His name is Farley and he is a big part of our family. I can just imagine what you are feeling right now.

Attachments

• Farley.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 320
Wow Steve, sorry to hear the news about Jemma!! She looks like she was a great pup, and a great companion for the whole family!! My prayers are going out to everyone in your family,'and a special prayer for Jemma,'I know she's being welcomed onto the rug by the fire!!! Geof

My condolences, Steve. Losing a pet,just plain blows.....

The little guys really ARE family, aren't they? Sorry, Steve

pets are hard to lose, even the ones you dont like...

BTW you paint your toes? lol

Condolences Steve! Jack Russell's are my favorite dogs. Smart, curious, a little hyper, and sometimes a pain in the ***....lol. It's been many many years since I was around one, but if we decide to get another dog, it will be a JR, probably Male....

Sorry for your loss, Rick

The hardest part of having them is when this time comes to put them down. I had to put one down 2 years ago, and it still bothers me today. Even though it is the right thing to do and the right time, you wish that you had more time with them.

However, the sadness of losing them is worth the life time of love and companionship that they gave and we would never trade anything for it or regret ever getting them in the first place.

On the way to the vet to have mine put down, I bought him a large milk shake (he loved them) as a going away present. It was nice to give him one last thing that he liked.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Dude, just did the same thing with our old guy (17 year old German Shepherd). Charley is up there to keep her company and show her around.

Attachments

• smiley Charly.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 290
:sad8: So sorry to read this about your pup.......It's very difficult to let them go since they are such a big part of the family. I bet she's catching those elusive chipmunks n squirrels right now!!

Give her friend Rufus some extra attention :goodman:

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10.. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

Sorry to hear this Steve. It does suck being away for times both good and bad, I know this all too well. At least she said goodbye to you through the camera, that is really cool. Pets are like kids, they can annoy you, but it is impossible to deny them love. Condolences sent for you and your family.

Rev, my condolensces for your loss on Charley. He looks like quite the character....hey wasnt he in the famous "poker dogs" painting?? Looks like he woulda fit right in!

..................My condolences Steve, to u and your family........u guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.....kim............

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our German Shepherd about 5 days ago from a spinal degeneration, so I seriously know the devastation you and your family must be feeling right now. Hope you all are hanging in there okay......man, it's rough.

Attachments

• mattie.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 247
-
Back