Weatherstripping supplier

-

mocar

Reaction score
Just looking for a good supplier of hard to find weatherstripping for 72 dart,

Steele Rubber Products. Had everything I needed for my 71 and top notch quality. No junk there.

I have been selling weatherstripping for over 25 years and you will almost have to mix and match to get the best fit. The thing about it is that all of these companies buy from each other to have product coverage. Steele Rubber does have for the most part good parts and they have some items that they only carry themselves as in the very early or C-Body applications. You just need to do your home work as you can save a tremendous amount just shopping around and asking questions.

Justmopar.com is a good place, only.place I have found to carry a front windshield gasket for a 67 dart.

People are always asking us about a weatherstripping kit for there particular car. Just like the views on this post. If possible, find a vendor who carries a wide selection of weatherstripping. Precision Gaskets makes most of the windshield gaskets, but Steele rubber makes them as well. I have actually had better luck with the Precision gaskets and they make the 67 A-Body gaskets with the mylar inserts. Door seals and roof rail seals can be a Soft Seal piece, Metro or Steel Rubber. If your doing a 66 or earlier car, the windlace comes from Restoration Specialties. Stick with window felts from the Top Cat brand. Hood to cowl, hood to radiator and inner frame seals come from a variety of vendors as well. I am just trying to say that it is very difficult to buy everything from one manufacture. I buy from them all, so depending upon the year model and body type we can put together the best pieces to serve the customer. The other thing is that one manufacture may sell his windshield gasket for $95 and it is made in Thailand, the other manufacture makes his gasket in the US, and it cost $165. Some customers had rather buy the US made gasket and some will buy the cheaper one and both are of equal quality. So it can be costly, confusing and disappointing.

-
Back