Web page hosting?

-
Benny, my post up there that you quoted is five years old. I'm delighted to report that Dot5Hosting.com added a couple site building programs. I chose the Weebly Drag & Drop -- it's so easy to use even a 20-year tenured paralegal turned powder coater could do it! :-D

It took me several months but I completely rebuilt my site from scratch -- link below my name down there so you can see for yourself -- and the difference is simply amazing!! I could work on it at my own leisure, save it along the way, and finally publish it when it was ready to debut.

The best part is that the price hasn't gone up, they frequently offer sign-up sales for as low as $3.95 a month, my site very rarely goes down (and if it does, it's only for a few seconds at most), and I CAN DO EVERYTHING MYSELF AT MY OWN CONVENIENCE WITHOUT HAVING TO RELY ON ANY OUTSIDE SOURCES TO KEEP MY SITE UPDATED. I've had nothing but compliments about it and have seen a large increase in site visitors since going with my new layout.

I did get frustrated with them a few years ago ... but they listened and improved. Now I wouldn't consider changing to any other hosting company. Here's a link to http://www.dot5hosting.com/.

LOL Read about the first four posts before I...........................

I'm ready to pull the plug on Vistaprint's website builder. I've been fighting with them for a few weeks trying to get a issue resolved. The only way that people can see our photo galleries is if they use Google Chrome or Firefox. iPhones and iPads can not see the photo galleries either. Internet Explorer version 11 (which I'm using) does not show the photo galleries but the company seems pleased to point out that I could see them if I was using Internet Explorer version 8! .The IT girl said that there's glitches sometime when companies release new versions of their browsers and then Vistaprint sometimes has to change things so that the new version will work. Is this common??
Vistaprint won't guarantee when the problem will be resolved and I'm not too hopeful as they only have Internet Explorer version 8 working okay.
Are these common problems with these website designer websites? We are trying to do a self-administered website as we were getting nickeled and dimed to death on everything, especially pictures.

If you or your hosting company is relying on an outside source to display your website, you need a new hosting company. Too many things are beyond your control, and unless all of those apps / plug-ins are compatible somebody somewhere is going to have trouble looking at it.

<< Still happy with Dot5 :-D >>

Not that I've ever heard, and people are VERY vocal about everything else so I wouldn't think they'd keep that to themselves.

-
Back