Wedding and a GTX-Grove, Oklahoma

-

73SwingerDart

Reaction score
My family and I went to one of my good friends wedding yesterday in Grove, Oklahoma. It took place at a historic church built in the late 1800's located on Grand Lake. He and I both have loved Mopars for many years. In fact, we first met over a Mopar topic...I had a 71 Charger and he had his GTX and thats why we first started hanging out back in the day. His GTX has been parked for about the last 5-7 years. Due to his buisness, family and busy life, he has let go a little bit. As a teenager, he drug this car out of his fathers dairy farm pasture and started working on it. He did a total restoration on it when he was 20ish in vo-tech school which was about 20 years ago. He drove all three of his kids home from the hospital when they were born many years ago in the "X" as it is know in his family. Recently, his two son's who are 18 and 20, helped get it running for him as a surpise so he could drive it to his wedding and receprion. Good for them!
Anyways, as a unique wedding gift I ordered the 17 inch round lit wall art sign from "Evil340" on our great FABO here. Sign was great and made it on time thanks to Evil340. My friend will proudly hang it in his shop!

Attachments

• 20130601_142106_resized.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20130601_141423.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20130601_141355.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 114
That looks like the Cayuga Mission church, off hwy 10 east of Grove. I've seen that car on the road a few times around town.

You are correct!
Matt lives just north of there off of HYW 10. He used to live in town behind the airport in the industrial park, then moved a few years ago where he bought the land where the quarry is and behind it (160 acres ???). He owns a excavating buisness so the quarry is part of it where he sells fill dirt and rock. The GTX sits parked most of the time. It was good to see him again and the "X" back on the road again!

-
Back