Wedge

-
Its FAST! thats all you need to know
not to mention with today's advances in technology

I know my 454 cant hold a candle to it, that's why it's in the garage

Holy CRAP this thread did a roll. So far the only thing missing is Studebuckets and Isettas

bmw_isetta_open.jpg

So, "twins" anyone?

30031840002_large.jpg

Ok I've got to ask. What is a Skyline/GTR?

It's one of those hot rod Nissans that was featured in some of the F-n-F movies...

Some of the top of the line skylines are supposed to be "illegal" to import, but some do make it through...

400 HP AWD....

The op sent me these photos Offhand I'd guess this is a Ford "Y" block, IE 292 / 312, I don't remember the other cid, 239? 272 One tip--off is the "tipped" distributor hole, LOL

239, 272, 292, 312 for Ford's. Mercury had a 256 introduced in 54 at the same time as the 239.

And, yes, they could be made to run. The Fairlane 300 was used for cops cars and could be had with the Thunderbird 312 supercharged 300 horse version.

I've got a 239 powered '54 sedan. Overdrive transmission the little thing gets 23 mpg combined.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 142
They are pretty damn impressive...and Skylines date back to the 60s...the people who follow them do much of the same things any other hot rodder does...put newer engines in older chassis because they like the look and how light they are...

I gotta say, mopar A block,polysphere heads. 426 with single four barrel,street wedge. Stage 1 max wedge,413",two fours on a cross ram.

-
Back