weed season

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
no, not that wacky kind.....our crop of weeds has officially started. wife is freaking out over them, she is threatening to burn the whole yard.....HELP!!!!!

In the same boat here inkjunkie ;). Not gonna burn anything though.....LOL

Let's see what the FABO yard wizards have to say about this? :thumbup:

I just pulled all kinds of weeds the other day...

v30x9h.jpg

fz4uwo.jpg

Nows the time to pull em. Spray em with round up .

Anyone know what this stuff is? There's about 26 acres of this stuff behind the house. I keep burning it and burning it and it just grows right back stronger than ever. Gosh I'm hungry..... gotta go.

marijuana-field-1.jpg

anyone know what this stuff is? There's about 26 acres of this stuff behind the house. I keep burning it and burning it and it just grows right back stronger than ever. Gosh i'm hungry..... Gotta go.
ha ha ha ill be right over to give ya a hand on burning that stuff ha ha

ha ha ha ill be right over to give ya a hand on burning that stuff ha ha[/QUOTE
LOLO Come on over everyone we'll just sit around the fire and talk. Plenty of this stuff to keep the fire going. P.S. my wife makes Killer brownies. LOLOLO:cheers:

these things are not the pullable type. i have tried to pull them with the bucket of a small tractor, no deal. i have the name of them somewhere. we spoke with the county weed guy about them, he gave us the name of what to spray them with. only thing is they cover our whole yard, except for the driveways and the dogs area, the rest of our 5 acres gets burried in these things.....not the best picture of them, but this is what they look like in the early stages of growth. it is the lump towards the lower right hand corner of the picture. by the time they bloom, they get to be about double the size it is in this picture...

IMG_1692.jpg

these things are not the pullable type. i have tried to pull them with the bucket of a small tractor, no deal. i have the name of them somewhere. we spoke with the county weed guy about them, he gave us the name of what to spray them with. only thing is they cover our whole yard, except for the driveways and the dogs area, the rest of our 5 acres gets burried in these things.....not the best picture of them, but this is what they look like in the early stages of growth. it is the lump towards the lower right hand corner of the picture. by the time they bloom, they get to be about double the size it is in this picture...

I would think if you put some patches of Bermuda out there it would take over the area, That grass will take over and spread everywhere:cheers: Just thinking :read2:
Just dig up a few squares and let it spread on it's own.

From the picture, your weed looks like sour dock or just dock. Some 2,4-D from your local Ace Hardware and a hand sprayer should knock it out. Careful with the 2,4-D because it will kill all broadleaf plants, don't allow wind drift. I use it on my lawn and have taken care of my dandilion problem.

Bought a new large bag of the super duper scotts stuff,this big bag is three times the size I bought last year.Gonna nuke the yard with it tomorrow

I did the same thing about a week ago. I'll let you all know if it works. The biggest problem I have here is crab grass and hoarhound and a few other UGOs (unidentified growing objects).

From the picture, your weed looks like sour dock or just dock. Some 2,4-D from your local Ace Hardware and a hand sprayer should knock it out. Careful with the 2,4-D because it will kill all broadleaf plants, don't allow wind drift. I use it on my lawn and have taken care of my dandilion problem.

That is waht you want. When you do theis add a small amount of dish soap to the mix. The diss soap will let the 24d spread out on the leaves so it will soak in more. This is really heplful for clover because of it's waxy surface that the spray just wants to ball up on.

That is waht you want. When you do theis add a small amount of dish soap to the mix. The diss soap will let the 24d spread out on the leaves so it will soak in more. This is really heplful for clover because of it's waxy surface that the spray just wants to ball up on.
this is what the county weed guy told us, 24d and dish soap. next trip to town....

no, not that wacky kind.....our crop of weeds has officially started. wife is freaking out over them, she is threatening to burn the whole yard.....HELP!!!!!
hey guys i hope i can give you a little help first burning won't help it will only kill what you see nothing below ground (sorry to tell you that) something most people don't know weed seed will stay good in the ground for as many as 30years you need to put down a good peremergent and you need to do it every year early spring it will kill the new weeds growing each year the best way to keep weeds down is to grow a GOOD HEALTHY LAWN weeds only grow where there is no grass or weak or poor lawn keep your lawn in good shape and you'll keep most and remember i say most weed down and please go as organtic as you can another thing most people don't know is most of the stuff you but in the stores only last about 3 weeks in the ground and also kills all the good things mother nature put in ground or go organtic you'll thank yourself later one more thing that well help keep grass at about 2 to 2 1/2 inches tall yes your going to say but you keep the golfcourse very short yes we do but its at near death all the time and also a type of grass that is made just for golfcourse

just so you know i have to keep grass growing on a golfcourse and have been doing it for well let just say a few years

good luck

-
Back