weight of 8.75 489 3:23 sure grip chunk???

-

dusterdan

Sublime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need to know the weight of a 489 case 3.23 geared aburn posi center section with a pinion snubber? Thanks in advance, just primarily want to know if it clears USPS's 70lb weight limit???

its been awhile but the last one i shipped went via ups , was about $75 , shipping prices vary quite a bit though , if you can ship to a business it wll be cheaper for sure , oh yeah i mis read , usps wont take it , ups or fed ex , can even go greyhound , they are the cheapest , they go by weight & longest dimension of package , ive used them several times for fenders & bucket seats & never had a problem , their standard rate goes to a hundred pounds & insure to $300

I bet it would be real close.
I would just box it up, and weigh it on a bathroom scale.
A 5-gallon paint bucket with the center wraped up good makes an excellent shipping container.

Fed Ex is about 55 bucks coast to coast, (with account) did it twice and I think it was about 63 lbs. Mine didnt fit in a 5 gallon pail, too long.

UPS just delivered my complete 3rd member. It weighed 80 lbs all wrapped up. I thought there was a 70 lbs limit also, but guess not!

-
Back