Weird Engine Vibration

-

Mrpatatomoto

Reaction score
Ive got a Vibration coming from my drive train, RPM related not sure what RPM since I don't have a Tach but I can sit in park and rev the engine and the vibration starts. Kinda feels like the sound of over size tires on a truck, that wa-wa-wa sound just alot slower and felt all through the car. My best guess is something is out of balance but I don't know what. It started about three months ago after driving about 30 miles to work every day while I worked on my other car. I haven't changed anything on the car in probably 8 months so its not anything to do with new parts not working.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Water pump shaft Brrings ? take a look at it when its running to see if its moving in ways its not supost to . Or bent fan blade then im outta ideals

The harmonic balancer may be moving is another thought.

Its got an electric fan so its not that. It could be the harmonic balancer but I don't know how to check that, I know its supposed to have rubber on it but I cant get a good angle to see the condition of it.

Thanks.
Mike

If its supposed to look like this then mine has no rubber left, all thats there is a ring of rubber arounf the outside of the inside (if that makes sense)
pb1001-2.jpg

It's almost certainly not your harmonic balancer/vibration damper. The vibrations this device damps are not audible the way you describe.

Probably an issue related to engine mounts. Second guess would be that it's related to the torque converter (or flywheel, as applicable).

Its got an electric fan so its not that. It could be the harmonic balancer but I don't know how to check that, I know its supposed to have rubber on it but I cant get a good angle to see the condition of it.

Thanks.
Mike
Well i tried lol thats all i got dan took my other guess lol

Its an Automatic so Torque converter. Engine mounts were replaced right after we got the car but its still worth a shot since I'm running out of guesses. Is there any way to see tell if its the torque converter other than pulling it out?

exhaust touching the frame somewhere maybe? tail pipe hitting frame above rear axle???

65 Valiant signet convertible

Exhaust was one of my first guesses that's now tied up and not contacting anything, It was against the frame rail at first though.

-
Back