weird uses for a slant 6

-
I ran a portable welding machine (Hobart) powered by a slant 6.
It was a good welder and pretty good on gas......
I wish i had it today.

Not a slanty but my brother has a forklift that was made from a old 2WD dodge truck. has a 318 poly in it - NP425 tranny

I've seen a couple in SE Alaska that spun generators in two tiny island towns back in the late '80's

Hesston Corp. used to put them in swathers.

im obviously a west coast boy... what the hell is a swather? fat lady in a snow storm?

City kids, sheesh!

Just having fun with you!:toothy10::toothy10:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9mk2Tm1da0"]Swather - YouTube[/ame]

i wonder how in the hell they got around oil drain back with that... the lifter valley, which is facing up, has the oil drain back holes lol...

It had a special valve cover with a drain tube running under the engine into the oil pan. The push rods were lubricated through the lifter and had special rocker arms which had the oiling groove sealed up and had a squirt hole pointing at the ball end of the adjuster which lubricated the push rod and dripped onto the valve tip.

on the sideways six engines pic in the boat, anybody notice the repositioning o the starter to the right lower side at the back of the engine block where it can be changed out otherwise it would be underneath the engine. that would be a pain to change. LOL

-
Back