Weld prostars for street use?

-

dmopar74

Reaction score
I'm looking at the weld prostars for my 73 duster, but have read that they are prone to bending and leaking. Anybody run these rims? I could use the knock off brands but they don't have the offset or sizes im looking at.

I’ve ran the hell of them on the street.. no issues, and I drive on shitty michigan roads.

2FF37E18-D467-402D-8FDA-1F7B0DAEC87B.jpeg

I run them on the road for years, been through a half a dozen sets of Mickey T's ET streets.

Summit has a few in their "scratch n dent" or "demo" sale section. $200 each. Looked good but I didn't like the weld around the circumference of the wheel on the inside. Looks like 2 pieces welded together.

I have run Weld wheels on the streets for over 35 years, and as mentioned above also on Michigan roads.

I to, have used Weld Wheels for 30+ years, no issues. I just remember they are supposed to be balanced by lug centric and not hub centric. You say-what the HELL is lug centric? The balancing machines come with a fixture with an adjustable bolt pattern and tapered nuts on the hub that goes on the spindle of the balancer. Then you bolt the wheel on just like on an axle flange. When I went to get my tires mounted on my first set of Welds, I showed the tire tech the instructions. He said=I've never seen that before. I looked around, hanging on the backside of the balancer, there it was. It had never been used. Anyone ever have issues balancing the regular way?

I to, have used Weld Wheels for 30+ years, no issues. I just remember they are supposed to be balanced by lug centric and not hub centric. You say-what the HELL is lug centric? The balancing machines come with a fixture with an adjustable bolt pattern and tapered nuts on the hub that goes on the spindle of the balancer. Then you bolt the wheel on just like on an axle flange. When I went to get my tires mounted on my first set of Welds, I showed the tire tech the instructions. He said=I've never seen that before. I looked around, hanging on the backside of the balancer, there it was. It had never been used. Anyone ever have issues balancing the regular way?
I bubble balance all of my own with no issues.

I'm looking at the weld prostars for my 73 duster, but have read that they are prone to bending and leaking. Anybody run these rims? I could use the knock off brands but they don't have the offset or sizes im looking at.
Gottem on my 68 ,505'' fastback , no problems ...

-
Back