Welded door striker area up

-

T67POWER

Reaction score
The door striker has been broken on my cuda for as long as i owned the car.
Tonight it was fixed by welding in the metal that broke off and making it strong as new.
I seen steve dulcich perform this in mopar muscle.
I did it the same way and it came out great.
It's so funny that we wait to do something that only takes a short amount of time.
Next i will paint the new quarter i had installed two years ago.
This is why it takes years to build a car.
When your able to drive them ,somehow the work slows down and the fun of making it run better takes over.:cya:

can you post some pics? I would like to do this as well on my 68 cuda...both of the door strikers on my car are cracked, have been welded up, and cracked again and look like royal crap...where did you get the metal repair pieces at?

Good job. I welded the one one my Dart and it cracked again. Did you get a thicker patch?
I know what you mean about getting things done. I haven't touched my car in 5 months and in the last week I have accomplished plenty. I could of had it done by now.

Bear in mind, the primary cause of the crack, is worn door hinges. If the hinges are not addressed, the area will continue to crack.

Thanks rednesss for the info.
Yes worn out hinges will make it crack again.
I think when i adjust it,i will make it so the door dose not ski-jump on to the striker so much, if you know what i mean.
It came out just like the one in mopar muscle.

-
Back