Welder question

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Will this welder get the job done on my projects? I'm planning on adding the gas feature before using it. mostly body work and small stuff. Thickest thing I can think I may tackle are the frame ties. thanks

Lincoln Electric Pro Core 125 MIG/Flux-Corded Welder

I've got a Lincoln Weld-Pak 3200 HD and I love it..........burns through frame rails if you're not careful.......

....and I THINK it has the same basic "guts" that the 125 does.......maybe a little more amps, but I don't think it's much.......

I weld 1/8" plate all the time with it, and on low, patch body panels..but I use it as a MIG.......shielding gas is the only way to go if you want good results......just a little extra money to get a small tank and set it up, and you'll NEVER regret it...........you can buy your own small tanks on Ebay and have it filled instead of paying out the nose for monthly rentals too.....saves a LOT of dough.

MIG MIG MIG......Not flux core......and you'll be a happy camper. :-D:toothy10::toothy10:

Thanks, I have a friend that is giving me a medium sized bottle for free and I found the regulator at Harborfreight for 32$

Pastortom is 100% correct. Flux core isn't even a good replacement for a stick welder, especially on sheet metal. And the 125 amp range is perfect.
It's hard to turn a big welder down far enough so you don't burn through sheet metal. Good luck! Toolmanmike

flux core is good for somethings but stay with the argon gas your better off cleaner and easy weld... even if you not a welder if u have basic idea's of welding you can make a bead look good everytime and have penatration all the time

c25 or equivalent gas... NO FLUX CORE on body panels, IMHO

I've welder body panels on with a 250 class machine. I like the bigger machines for the versatility and duty cycle. I use a Millermatic 175 all the time now.

Will the 125 class weld on body panels, yes. Would I do roll bar/cage with one... HELL NO!!!

no roll cages for me. I'll leave that to a professional or someone with more experience than me. At least until I get good at the welding gig. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, I have a friend that is giving me a medium sized bottle for free and I found the regulator at Harborfreight for 32$

I believe you will need to change the torch and cable to use gas on the 125. I would go for the Linclon 135 or the HD3200. I have an HD3200 and it works great.

I bought the Lincoln Pro Mig 140 from Lowes and it came with all the gas hook ups. It was actually cheaper to buy that setup then to get the cheaper one and then add gas to it afterwards. And with C25 gas and .025" wire I was able to butt weld sheet metal nicely. I used flux core for thicker metal and it welds very nicely with that set up too.

-
Back