Welding helmet fan

-

dodgedifferent2

Reaction score
I been working on a nasty job with the plasma cutter.
I have a Miller wide lens auto darkening helmet. Similar to picture.

I am wondering if there is a kit to blow air into helmet to keep the smoke out of my face.
I don't want to spent a fortune on a job that I do periodically.

download.jpeg

You should be wearing a approved respirator, they are cheap enough
There are personal smoke extraction devises that go into a welding shield but I think they are expensive
Use a blower or fan were your working to keep fumes away if they are bothering you

I know a guy that blows it from his vacuum cleaner. Not saying it’s correct but he is still alive at 75 years old.

FYI......

If you get a load of galvanizing fumes....the BEST thing you can do is to drink a couple glasses of whole milk.

This was one of the first things I learned from when I was a kid helping my Dad construct steel grain bins on the farm. This was also "backed up" by the first aid teams at one of the welding factories I worked at after I got out of high school.

FYI......

If you get a load of galvanizing fumes....the BEST thing you can do is to drink a couple glasses of whole milk.

This was one of the first things I learned from when I was a kid helping my Dad construct steel grain bins on the farm. This was also "backed up" by the first aid teams at one of the welding factories I worked at after I got out of high school.
If I HAD to weld or cut galvanized pool acid soak for a while will remove that nasty zinc, wash real good with water after. Weld, clean, spray on new galvanizing from the hardware store if needed.

FYI......

And stand on your head.

Ive heard about the drinking milk thing for galvanised fumes.....The best thing is to avoid the fumes in the first place
Wear a proper fitting respirator, keep your head out of the plume of smoke.....If a smoke eater isn't available, use a fan
I got sick from welding galvanised once, it wasnt pleasant

I cannot specify due to security/contract reasons.

I do have the exhaust fan/scrubber going and I put a fan behind me to blow everything away from me and towards the exhaust fan. I also have the respirator

Just thinking there would be a simple kit a person could attach to their current helmet to keep clean air flowing creating a positive pressure idea.

-
Back