Welding helmet

-
Yep Jackson equipment is great stuff.I have had this one for three years and no problem.Can't say good or bad on HF.

Got this one at HF
66F2AD31-53BF-4064-ACC1-86334CE63C47-8615-0000078DB881879A.jpg

But after talking with some buddies,, they recommended I get a good one.
Only one set of eyes so I took it back and ordered a miller 7300 :)
E4C56652-0592-4806-AD44-C20789E681D2-8615-0000078DC200C549.jpg

$150 difference though :(

Yeah I looked at those at HF. The one I posted is 10 dollars cheaper

I just bought a a Miller "Digital Elite" series a few months ago and I'll never go back to the cheap stuff. 4 sensors prevent eye flash from differing welding angles, over 9 square inches of viewing area, 4 settings including cutting, welding and grinding....

Man what a difference! Not cheap, but I can weld for hours without eyestrain or getting flashed, the puddle is much more clear, smoke doesn't get into the mask as easily, better neck protection... I could go on and on....

BTW, I just got the plain satin black version. It doesn't show splatter or scratches as much as the fancy painted up stuff and it was on sale for 20% off retail.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/welding_protection/head_face/helmets/digital-elite/

I just bought a a Miller "Digital Elite" series a few months ago and I'll never go back to the cheap stuff. 4 sensors prevent eye flash from differing welding angles, over 9 square inches of viewing area, 4 settings including cutting, welding and grinding....

Man what a difference! Not cheap, but I can weld for hours without eyestrain or getting flashed, the puddle is much more clear, smoke doesn't get into the mask as easily... I could go on and on....

BTW, I just got the plain satin black version. It doesn't show splatter or scratches as much as the fancy painted up stuff.

Thanks I would like to have a good welding helmet. But right now it's not in the cards. Ink is sending me his spare welding helmet so i can start on my Charger

Thanks I would like to have a good welding helmet. But right now it's not in the cards. Ink is sending me his spare welding helmet so i can start on my Charger

Understood, I waited for years and years before I got this one and Good on Ink for helping out!!

Good MIG gloves shouldn't be much more than about 25 bucks. They have a much better "feel" than stick welding gloves. Just thought I'd throw that out there since you were asking about additional safety equipment.

Understood, I waited for years and years before I got this one and Good on Ink for helping out!!

Good MIG gloves shouldn't be much more than about 25 bucks. They have a much better "feel" than stick welding gloves. Just thought I'd throw that out there since you were asking about additional safety equipment.

Ok Thanks I can get them at a supply store

Don't forget to teach the pooch to cut the lawn so you can get more time on the Charger....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb4mU59-7jE"]Cool dog mowing lawn - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back