Welding helmet

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
How good do you think this welding helmet is?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200485271_200485271

21306_lg.jpg

21306_med.jpg

21306_1_med.jpg

21306_2_med.jpg

Customer Submitted Images

Wel-Bilt Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet

Was $49.99
Sale $39.99
Order Today and Save $10.00

Guaranteed Lowest Prices Qty

btn-add-to-cart-lg.gif
btn-in-cart-lg.gif

Add to Wish List Item In Wish List Add to Wish List

In Stock Online Calculate Shipping
Check Store Availability

Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year Limited Warranty
Extended Warranty Replacement Plan — 1 Year Only $4.99

Customer Product Rating
rating.gif

4.8 / 5

openRatingsHistogram.gif

429 of 436would recommend this product to a friend.
See all reviews below
Write a review

Have A Question About This Product?

5 Questions | 12 Answers
Read All Q&A
Ask a Question
Answer a Question

Description

The Wel-Bilt Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet is ideal for all welding applications and designed to meet the most demanding requirements at one incredible price. This helmet’s 1/25,000-second switch time automatically darkens the lens the instant you start welding.

• Solar-powered auto-darkening lens never needs batteries, charging with exposure to welding or sunlight
  • Features sensitivity adjustment, adjustable ratcheting headgear and striking red flame design on a black helmet
  • ANSI/CSA approved
  • Includes solar powered rechargeable battery
  • Not related to WELBILT® products of Enodis companies

What's Included

• (1) Helmet
  • (1) Battery
  • (1) Lenses
See Accessories

Manufacturer Warranty

1 year Limited Warranty
Extend Your Warranty

Additional Information

should be fine cliff unless you plan to make a living with it and maybe then to

It sure has good reviews on their site. Are lens covers available for it?

I found them yet.

23107_lg.gif
Item# 23107
Was $7.99
Sale $6.99

welbilt.gif

Key Specs

Lens TypeFront/ inside cover lensWorks WithAuto-darkening welding helmetLens ColorNoneCompatible With Item Number (s)21306Dimensions L x W (in.)3 7/8 x 1 3/4Lenses (qty.)6

• Designed for use with Wel-Bilt Item# 21306 Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet (sold separately)
  • Contains 4 front cover lenses and 2 inside cover lenses

I found them yet.

23107_lg.gif
Item# 23107
Was $7.99
Sale $6.99

welbilt.gif

Key Specs

Lens TypeFront/ inside cover lensWorks WithAuto-darkening welding helmetLens ColorNoneCompatible With Item Number (s)21306Dimensions L x W (in.)3 7/8 x 1 3/4Lenses (qty.)6

• Designed for use with Wel-Bilt Item# 21306 Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet (sold separately)
  • Contains 4 front cover lenses and 2 inside cover lenses

Cool. I wonder if those would fit me HF helment.
They didn't have any replacements... imagine that.

HF has the same helmets, they work great. I have an old worn out one that took a new battery to get back to life
image_11334.jpg

and a new one just like this one. Looks just like yours
91214_zzz_500.jpg

The second one came with 1 plastic cover.

HF has the same helmets, they work great. I have an old worn out one that took a new battery to get back to life
image_11334.jpg

and a new one just like this one. Looks just like yours
91214_zzz_500.jpg

The second one came with 1 plastic cover.

How did you like yours?

i think it should work fine. i bought the cheapest one Wilson welding had and it works great.

Keep checking tractor supply.
I bought my holbart one there for 39.00 on sale last year.
You will always be able to get parts for a holbart.
Auto dark,

I was looking at a few other things looks like a trip to goodwill or salvation army for old clothes. Welding jackets are expensive in my size.

What other tools should I pick up?

Keep checking tractor supply.
I bought my holbart one there for 39.00 on sale last year.
You will always be able to get parts for a holbart.
Auto dark,

I have and Just checked nine in my price range

If you want an honest opinion, i hate auto darkening helmets.
I am a journeyman welder and have tried several brands from big bucks to the cheaper than cheap.
They are only good for tacking in tight places like roll cages in my opinion, and at that i always seem to get a light flash when the arc is initially started.
Maybe it's me, but every time i use one for any period of time, i get headaches and a bit of eye strain.
Also, the dial that represents the shade always seems too light for me.
I use a #11 for most things, and the #11 setting always seems a little light on auto darkening helmets.
I was using one that a friend of mine had in his shop, and thought i was losing my skills because i couldn't see the puddle when i welded. Then i switched to my ''old school'' helmet and it was night and day.
For what it's worth, i use a Fiber-Metal ''Tigerhood'' with the big lenses and that works the best for me.
Do what works for you, i like ''old school''.
Tom.

I like mine, no issues. Even the old one works fine if I splice in a LR44 button battery in it, the solar or whatever it uses to recharge the old battery doesnt work anymore. quick darkening and stays dark.

Hopefully I can get the helmet that is on sale in a couple of weeks.Thanks for all the help

I had a helmet from Harbor Freight. It worked great, until, I dropped it from 50' above the ground. Then it didn't work so well. :(

I had a helmet from Harbor Freight. It worked great, until, I dropped it from 50' above the ground. Then it didn't work so well. :(

I would imagine any helmet wouldn't work afterwards.I am glad to see some good reviews here by members

Cliff i tried a regular helmet but could not see [even with light shining on the work] so i borrowed an older auto helment i love it [sometimes i get flashed] but i like the way it works and you can see what your doing i plan on purchaseing one from Northern or harbor freight or some place reasonable.

Right now Northern tool has the cheapest one on sale.

I bought a Jackson with the small (solar powered) auto darkening hood when I got the welding job I'm at now. They told me it may last around 2 years if used consistently.
I've used it consistently 5-6 days of the week for the last 6yrs 4 months and it's still going strong. Shade 11.

-
Back