Well as the 2022 race season comes to an end

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Today I mailed off a check for 135.00 to pre-enter the Halloween Classic at Norwalk. I’m not sure exactly how many I’ve gone to but over 40 I’m guessing. Four different cars for sure. The Halloween race at keystone starts September 30th and goes three days. For the first time ever I may then go to Quaker City three days later for 4 more days of racing, then head to Norwalk 3 days later. After not racing last year I was on a mission to race my azz off and I have succeeded. (I’ve lost 28 pounds in 10-12 weeks) I ran some of the best laps of my racing career but struggled with an issue of my car going left. I’m almost ashamed to admit but with Matt and I spending an hour together checking some things out I think we found the simple issue that cost me a lot of rounds at big money races. Lord willing I can test this out during my last few races before winter sets in. I really don’t like the system Norwalk uses to sell entries to the two box gambler races and two no box gambler races as it favors guys that live by the track as it opened last night at midnight those fields are limited to 128 cars each. I spent 27.00 to overnight my entry so they should have it tomorrow. We shall see because I won’t or at least I don’t think I would drive out there for one race. We shall see

Today I mailed off a check for 135.00 to pre-enter the Halloween Classic at Norwalk. I’m not sure exactly how many I’ve gone to but over 40 I’m guessing. Four different cars for sure. The Halloween race at keystone starts September 30th and goes three days. For the first time ever I may then go to Quaker City three days later for 4 more days of racing, then head to Norwalk 3 days later. After not racing last year I was on a mission to race my azz off and I have succeeded. (I’ve lost 28 pounds in 10-12 weeks) I ran some of the best laps of my racing career but struggled with an issue of my car going left. I’m almost ashamed to admit but with Matt and I spending an hour together checking some things out I think we found the simple issue that cost me a lot of rounds at big money races. Lord willing I can test this out during my last few races before winter sets in. I really don’t like the system Norwalk uses to sell entries to the two box gambler races and two no box gambler races as it favors guys that live by the track as it opened last night at midnight those fields are limited to 128 cars each. I spent 27.00 to overnight my entry so they should have it tomorrow. We shall see because I won’t or at least I don’t think I would drive out there for one race. We shall see
Good luck! Fly that Mopar banner and make us proud!

What did you find in your setup that was making it turn left?

Ohhh sure you want me to make myself look stupider. Lol. Maybe later today as I’m actually getting some work done.
No trust me we don’t think you’re
Stupid”er”. Just curious. Glad you’re out racing as much as you are and if you get it to go straight “er” that’s a win win.

No trust me we don’t think you’re
Stupid”er”. Just curious. Glad you’re out racing as much as you are and if you get it to go straight “er” that’s a win win.

Ok I’ll spill the beans. My son and I took some rough at the track measurements and without it being in the shop with the wheels off that is a waste of time. As I told you guys I haven’t really been comfortable in this car all year after sitting out a year. I knew I was in the groove as I don’t need 10 guys pulling me in. I told my son to take the car for a ride and when he did he backed up at our pit spot and pulled in perfectly straight. My non adjustable steering wheel is off X amount of degrees from being straight so he checked with some friends for some white tape. He found some orange tape so he put tape on the steering wheel where the wheel should be like you see on many race cars. That way when he staged he wanted that tape at 12:00 and not turned when the wheels come down from a wheelie. His one pass was picture perfect so I’m about positive he nailed my issue. I bought some white tape so I’ll put that over top what he put one. This would explain why it happened only once in awhile as I know I would hold the wheel straight as installed getting relaxed at the starting line. With my transbrake button the proper position still feels ok but hopefully I can address this during the winter. It sure wouldn’t take much coming down from wheels in the air and this car needs wheels in the air to work right. I should have caught this myself but honestly I’m not myself right now but I’m working on it. At 66 it’s not as easy as it once was.

-
Back