Well,,,Crap

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
So I find this nice set of chrome 15x7 4 inch backspace steel wheels for 80 bucks locally on Craigslist.
I had just bought new tires for my Nissan truck the day before I brought the Dart home, and planned on swaping the new 205/70's onto the front and 215/70's on the rear.
First I had to buy two used tires for the Nissan and get those swapped for the one I wanted on the front of the Dart so my oldest Son could still drive the truck to work.
Then buy two more used tires for my younger Son's car so I could take my 215/70's off his car for my rears, and he could still get to work.
All brand new tires that I just paid for but wanted to get back for my new wheels.
Took me a week to get it done because of mine and thier work schedules.
Finally I at the tire shop getting my new tires on my new rims and I am a happy camper.
They get all done and take her home.
A day or so later I had to go to an appt. that was out of town and got out on the freeway.
The car starts shaking violently at about 60 and I know what it is right away, so when I get back I take it right back to the tire shop and have them pull and chk the two fronts.
1.75 ounces out of balance on the left front, and 1.5 ounces out on the right front.
They were closing for the day so I let it go at that for that day.
I had to drive it the next morning really early on a 180 mile round trip on a 75 mile an hour speed limit freeway (That they usually do 90 on) and the rear wheels drove me freakin crazy with reverberating vibrations.
I'm taking it back again this morning to make them do the rears over again.
On top of all this, 3 of the 4 used tires they sold me were flat the next morning.
One of them had 3 peices of steel in it, one had a big *** nail in it, and the other leaked where they put the wheel weight on the rim.

Freakin week later and I'm still dealing with balance and flat issues.
Balancing on the Dart, and flats on both of the other cars when the kids go to leave for work in the mornings.
Isn't "tanking" a tire after mounting standard practice anymore or what?
I don't want to be an ahole about it but I'm gettin a little pissed at this point.

Later

.............They should of known if they held air or not when they took them off...........should of at least did a visual on them anyways.......kim.....

Buying used tires is a crap shoot. Someone took them off their car for a reason. The balancing on the other hand ... they had some hack do that. In this day and age of computerized spin balance it is almost impossible to screw up. It tells you where to put the weights. I have balanced thousands of tires and the one thing I always do that I rarely see anyone else do is to re-spin them once the weights are on to be sure they balance to zero. Someone wasn't paying attention and you got to pay the price. I would be pissed too.

Sorry to hear about the tire merry-go-round.

Find another tire place. They sound shotty to me. Sometimes I think tire guys are the bottom of the food chain.....

Just my .02

I've seen brand new tires that didn't run out round and needed 2 ounces or more of lead to get a balance. These were always off brand tires. Never a Bridgestone or Michilen. Balance wont cure the egg shape either. These are the kind of tires found on the used tire rack with nice tread left on them.

-
Back