Well,here it is 8-3/4 finally home !!!

-
Well I picked up the parts from Napa and it was all correct, got it all home and was comparing the new shoes to the old ones. I actually have more meat on the old shoes than I do on the new ones. I think I'm gonna stick with the old ones and just scuff them up a little . I couldn't believe how cheap the new ones looked ,hardly worth it. Wheel cylinders and spring kits were right on.
Thanks Joe for the part #s.

Bob

Did you buy the premium linings or the cheaper ones? I ran into that same issue once when I bought the cheaper linings. I normally don't buy the cheaper stuff but the counter guy said they were exactly the same. He was wrong, the premium linings had a lot more meat on them.

Hey Fishy,

That's probably was the case, the Napa I went to only showed one set and that's the one I got.

Bob

I got the Por- 15 through a place called West Coast Coatings in Northern Ca.
If you cant find them on the internet let me know and I'll pm you the info when I get back to work on Monday.

Bob

Ok guys, rear end is in, no problems there at all, I figured I would use my brake lines from the 8 1/4 but no they wont work because where the tee bolts in to the diff is a different spot,about 3 " over. That makes one side about 3 " short and the other 3 " long. Any ideas ? I seen one guy used them and zip tied them to the differential ,that aint happening here.

Bob

Either cut and reflare or get new ones for the length of the housing.

Check out www.classicindustries.com There are several listings for A-bodies. I don't know what car or year you have but the price ranges from $25-40 for a set of pre bent lines. www.finelinesinc.com also has them in the same price range. Or you can always go to your local auto parts store and buy new straight lines the correct length and bend them yourself. That will probably cost less than half and if you don't have a tubing bender you can use the savings (plus a little more) to buy a tubing bender for this job and you'll have it for future use.

-
Back