.........well, I'm at it again............

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I just HATE these crackheads and liars and probably thieves on Craigslist

http://spokane.craigslist.org/ele/2855257971.html
==============================================================
motorola spectra vhf transciever with desk mic - $100 (spokane)

Date: 2012-02-16, 3:39PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
this is a Motorola spectra vhf radio. its programmable with a 13$cable,instructions on line..this is a 100watt radio it will work the 440mhz ham band.call tim @509-475-5725. the model number is;dc2zx+071w id#is d35zxa5jc2ak look up all the info you will need to work it on the ham bands

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5Ic5G35M13G13F13J9c2ge5231ecd6db71bce.jpg
5Na5I45J53G93Mc3F3c2g9b922ab07f421603.jpg
============================================================

So I wrote another email:

=============================================================
Either remove this ad or tell the truth, or I will file a claim against you in small claims court for false advertising

First, this is NOT a 440 mhz radio, but you already know that

Second you can NOT program this radio with a 13 dollar cable and "instructions online" you must have software, and Motorola is VERY anal about their software, even morso than Micro$hit, BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT.

Since you didn't post correct information about this radio, one wonders "where you got it?" Is it stolen?

NObody is gonna pay you a hundred bucks for a beat up 800mhz radio.

=============================================================

Yep...I call craigslist a blessing and a curse all in one....there are good people on there but it just takes one bad apple to piss you off....bought a set of wheels off there no problems great seller...next time guy had a front valance for sale for 30 bucks...went to pick it up and was different from picture and he said he had another offer for 50 bucks...told him to cram it.....he calls couple hours later and says he will take 40 as the other guy backed out.....I just laughed and hung up....
Eventually bought an excellent shape one for 20 bucks from someone else on craigslist
And I will never buy used electronics on a side note...

Maybe you need another computer hobby. Seems to me out here in the cheap seats like Craigs List gets your blood pressure up higher than seeing a crate Hemi in a Mustang.

Well, my blood pressure isn't all that high. I will say, though, it's a good thing I'm not a little younger, and didn't meet this guy face to face. Other than lawyers and used car salesmen and politicians, people lying to my face trying to sell me something really tick me off.

I don't intentionally lie or misrepresent what I do or sell, and I EXPECT the same from others. I'm a pretty blunt, straight-up guy, I don't play games, and I don't appreciate it from others.

This ad is a shining? (tarnished?) example of what I hate. Here's a 14 year old kid, who just got his amateur radio license. He sees this Motorola which can be "put on the 440 amateur band" and gee, look, Mom, all I need is 13 bucks for a cable and "look it up on the internet."

Well, none of that is happin"

when I see something I don't like on CL
I just hit the "FLAG this post" button
if it really pisses me off I hit the back button and flag it again
the number of time I flag a post is in direct proportion to how much it bugs me, multiplied by how bad of a mood I am in, divided by how bored I am

-
Back