Well it ain't even 11AM quite and this is what, no. SLEVEN?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I did something yesterday "I promised" I would not do again......another "free" junk boat. Some pieces, the steering, a 57 Evinrude that needs one coil and I don't know what else, but "popped" on one hole on starting fluid. If the water pump works, I will fix the ignition, do a bit of carb cleaning (it does not look bad!!!) and try 'er out!!! Cleaned out the bulk of trash yesterday afternoon, tore down the 35hp last evening, and got busy about 9AM cutting it up for the dump. THAT part is now done. Salvage a few pieces, get 'er loaded onto the little flatbed, and off she goes

The trailer? It would be fix-up-able as a boat trailer, (it tilts) I think I'll convert it to a little flatbed, and get rid of the little camp trailer/ converted flatbed. It has been useful, but sometimes too small

IMG_2545cs.JPG

IMG_2544cs.JPG

IMG_2542cs.JPG

IMG_2539cs.JPG

IMG_2535cs.JPG

Unfortunately the speedo unit face is completely faded and unreadable. The steering might be useful The really weird thing is (had belonged to owner's deceased father) for reasons unknown, someone had installed the push-pull style cable steering, but the old drum-cable-pulley system was thrown under the bow, too lazy to spend 20min de-stringing the cable??

Other nice thing is it has a remote throttle / shift quadrant that works perfect

IMG_2547css.JPG

^^Only reason I did not, is I don't know how to license such a thing!!!^^ LOLOLOL

Well it's 4:45PM local, and I just now got back from the transfer station. Other than a few pieces, and the transom / stern splash well, "it's gone." I kept that last because "I may." Or, "I may not." Tomorrow or next I will try 'n get the 10hp out again and see if I can fix the carb issues, if that is what the trouble is.

.........And Tues-Wed when the weather gets better, going to try out the 12ft Crestliner with this 57 Evinrude 35 and see how it goes. Cleaned the carb, replaced one coil and setup the ignition. Rewired it for starter, and the gearbox only had ?? 1/2-1 teaspoon of water after all these years. Ran it in a barrel, the water pump works fine!!!

Dang Del, you just caint resist. lol

'53 12 ft Crestliner "Decked Bow Speedster" and '57 Evinrude 35hp Yeh, it's ugly!!! I did minimal work to get it to run, very little cleanup. That will depend on time coming up and whether it runs "good enough."

Just got the plastic guide posts done and haven't had the boat launched with them. I built similar ones for the "new 14ft" and they worked great on it

IMG_2554cs.JPG

Well it was effin' fun while it effin' lasted LOL. Cleaned carb, added fuel pump (this was old pressure tank system) changed one bad coil. Ran it in the barrel. Amazing, water pump works, very very little water in lower unit. Changed oil. One side of mounting clamp was damaged, changed entire clamp to "more modern" one off a little later 40. Now it has the tilt mechanism with the push-pull rod, which may or may not be an advantage

Went out today, cruised around. Does 28-29 which is not far from the 30 this boat did with the newer 35. Ate lunch, then cruis............................BUT!!!!! Suddenly it lost power and would only run just above idle. "Idled" all the way to the ramp, spitting occasionally. Don't know if the used fuel pump is dying or junk in the lines. Lines are all fairly new or new, and tank is modern plastic. This will be interesting.

IMG_2556s.JPG

IMG_2567s.JPG

IMG_2565s.JPG

IMG_2563s.JPG

-
Back