well ive gone and done it now =(

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
well my stratus was acting funny last week so i sent it in to a mechanic it wouldnt crank over and when it did it died so i had them tow it and look at it i called and got the bad news i blew the motor somehow. he said all but one cylinder was firing +( well now im out of a car for work and leisure. the only other option i have is to fix the dart. im not asking for anything but i could take any help right now. comfort knowledge anything. Its been a rough day

Tyler

Hey Tyler, sorry to hear!! What about a 2nd opinion?? Maybe its not blown??? I dunno hoping to be optimistic.

no it is only 1 cylinder is firing. its knocking like crazy i was hoping the torq converter bolts were loose

Buy one of the many cheap Slant Six 4 doors for less than fixing the Stratus?
Just my opinion.

Later and Hang in There!
Bruce B.

Buy one of the many cheap Slant Six 4 doors for less than fixing the Stratus?
Just my opinion.

Later and Hang in There!
Bruce B.

x2 let the Stratus be the last 'disposable' car you own, stick to cars that can be fixed not junked. Sorry to hear of your luck tho.

thanks for the support guys. the thing is. i still owe 700$ on the stratus. and im so close to getting the dart running its not even funny. just now with the "repair" bill on its way idk if ittl be awhile before i get around to it i just new a few more parts

I looked in the restoration thread for your dart :read2: But my search came up empty!
How far along are you on it and what pats are you needing to get it on the road ?

well i need a manual column and box 2 tires two leaf springs. a starter and 4 shocks. pretty simple huh?

memike i moved out of my dads house and the dart is still at his house. once it is down here i will start a members resto

memike i moved out of my dads house and the dart is still at his house. once it is down here i will start a members resto
Sounds like a plan :cheers: How far are you from West Plains Mo. ?

well i live in lebanon MO and due to no DD i cant go anywhere i could walk there though. gimme a week and ill be there LOL =)

Are you going to fix the Stratus, finish the Dart or just get another car? If you have no transportation do you have time to finsh the Dart to get to work before you get in trouble.

Are you going to fix the Stratus, finish the Dart or just get another car? If youi have no transportation do you have time to finsh the Dart to get to work before you get in trouble.

well i have 2 options

i can fix the straus or fix the dart

i called the local pick and pull and they said they had a nice 2.4 out of a stratus for 2000$ not in my price range

and my estimate for the dart is about 600$ to get it running

im trying to sell stuff i dont need like my memphis amp and my 5'' autometer monster tach to get it running

What is your production date?

4-148 (2.4L, VIN "X"), thru 4/14/96 (mechanical tensioner)
4-148 (2.4L, VIN "X"), from 4/15/96 (hydraulic tensioner)

that i dont know. my granpa scrapped it though he just got home and they had it towed to the junk yard

If it is the 4/14/96 and before here is what is close to you.

1996 Engine Dodge Stratus 0 A 010001 $750 All Parts Auto and Truck Salvage USA-MO(Springfield) E-mail 1-877-863-9429

1996 Engine Dodge Stratus 124,000 MILES,STOCK NO. 000759049 124,687 $650 B and W Auto Salvage USA-MO(Springfield) E-mail 1-800-743-0280 38

1995 Engine Dodge Stratus 2.4 CNS TURNS OVER GOOD 181,713 A CH7945 $Call Rolla Auto Salvage & Sales, Inc. USA-MO(Rolla) Request_Quote 800-445-0254 / 573-364-4414

1995 Engine Dodge Stratus 2.4L VIN X 111K TESTED-4- 111,000 09-702 $600 St. James Auto & Truck Parts - QRP USA-MO(St.-James) E-mail 1-800-264-3294

i bought it for 3000 and my grandparents put a 700$ down payment on it (i live with them) i just payed it off last week to the car lot and i owe them 700$ well they said they scrpped it and used the money to pay off the mechanic

-
Back