Well my race season may be over

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Our Halloween race at keystone was going to be this coming weekend but as you can see the weather all though far away isn’t looking good. I was planning on throwing a Hail Mary at a new best. It’s not easy working on it in my trailer but if it looks better for this weekend here are my planned changes

Make up new spiral core wires and install. (8 years old)

New spark plugs. (3 plus years old)

Lean out 3 jet sizes if data from last weekend shows it can handle it.

Throwing a timing lite on it for the first time since 1st fire-up three years ago.

If we get the predicted weather (rain) she will be in the shop for lots of tests and at least get a new set of heads over the winter.

IMG_9909.png

Good luck man! I hope the weather holds out. Maybe it will.

I'm betting the weather is the only thing that will stop you!!

All the best bud!

Hope the weather cooperates my friend. Would love to see a new best out of you before the season is up.

** ATTENTION IN THE PITS!! **

We have been watching the forecast all week, hoping for a dramatic improvement for a race we all love: Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads. Unfortunately, it does not look like that will happen. So, we are postponing the race until next weekend, October 27-29. The schedule will remain the same, but, sadly, the carnival will not be able to be there. Nor will Trainwreck be playing the rescheduled date. While those changes are disappointing, we always have a great time, with so many racers, crews, and fans getting into the Halloween spirit. We will look forward to great racing action, the wonderfully decorated pits and pit vehicles, the great costumes, and of course, seeing the kids have a lot of fun during trick or treating. Think dry thoughts for next weekend!

That gives you more time to work on the tune up John.

I will still wait till next week as a couple of those projects are easier in the shop. I’ll wait to see what the weather looks like next week rather then do them in the trailer for nothing.

Looking to participate in the last race of the season at New Oxford Dragway this Saturday. Event has been postponed like 3 times due to weather. But this Saturday the forecast is sun with temps in the low 70s, which is ridiculous for Maine this time of year, but I'll take it!

Good luck John! Hoping for new bests!

Probably going to make up my mind tomorrow as I’m seeing conflicting weather reports now. If it looks like 2 out of three nice days I’ll go. If one I’m staying home. I had enough rain at my last race.

PBR whats your opinion on no prep. I saw a December race last year at Maple Grove and teh fast guys were hitting the barriers at mid track. I figured the track was squirrely there plus they were putting down some power. I was spectating and left early because of the delays from cleaning up the wrecks. There were like 3 in an hour and a half.

PBR whats your opinion on no prep. I saw a December race last year at Maple Grove and teh fast guys were hitting the barriers at mid track. I figured the track was squirrely there plus they were putting down some power. I was spectating and left early because of the delays from cleaning up the wrecks. There were like 3 in an hour and a half.

Hmmmm my opinion. I personally would never do it but it has been good for the sport. Anytime you bring a paying customer in to fill a seat is good for drag racing and supporting our race tracks. I’ve never gone to watch one but do watch a lot of videos. It’s kinda like I love to watch the Steelers but I don’t care or want to go to watch them live

Hmmmm my opinion. I personally would never do it but it has been good for the sport. Anytime you bring a paying customer in to fill a seat is good for drag racing and supporting our race tracks. I’ve never gone to watch one but do watch a lot of videos. It’s kinda like I love to watch the Steelers but I don’t care or want to go to watch them live
I watched the Steelers last Sunday its been a while at least they won.:) Yes I remember thinking" why are these guys running on this dicey track?" but I get it its a day in Dec to run the car...and hey its just body work right? :) I saw a nice car or two with mashed in fenders etc. Maple Grove is under newer ownership and I noticed they are staying open later in the seson. I was really surprised to see a race in Dec and if I remember it was like 55-60 degrees that day it wasnt bad. Maybe theyll start prepping the track hopefully.

Well this weekend that looked so promising turn into Norwalk Halloween Classic part two. My weekend turned to crap when I got here and opened my back door of my car trailer only to see I left my power switch on for two weeks. My three month old 300.00 battery was trashed. Under one volt I tried everything to revive it for 2.5 hours. The extra battery I carry is down on voltage a little but with an alternator would have got me through the weekend. But as luck would have it was 1.5 inches to wide for my battery hold down. So I sat out Fridays race that rained out before first round was finished. My plan then was to get up and check the weather and if it was going to be nice cut my hold down and shoemaker it for todays race. Well my knees we shot from yesterday and rain projected so I sat todays race out too. It rained out before second round was finished. I’m loaded up and heading home in the morning as more rain predicted.

-
Back