Well, 'Ol Del and I do mean "ol" is a Blue Cross "victim"

-
Good news is the last day to sign up is Dec 7 so adios to Broadway Joe, Kelsey Grammer, Bill Engvall etc.
That's what happens when you get old and don't have a gig. Easy money.

I pay $157 for the best plan Regence Blue Cross and Blue Shield offers for a PPO (which uses a preferred provider list) as as opposed to an HMO (which is highly managed with a lot less choice for providers). I live in a rural area and the HMO plans all required a long trip to Seattle or Tacoma for a provider, where the PPO means it's just down the street and around the corner (3 miles). After paying so much for healthcare even this "expensive" plan was dirt cheap. The insurance company takes care of all the coordination with Medicare so it's one stop shopping, with no multiple filing for benefits. I'm happy and I deserve it! We all pay into the Medicare system while we work and now it's time to get the benefits - cheap good healthcare when my income is less than before retirement.

Medicare coverage is an entitlement. Some say that word like it's a bad thing, but we are entitled to it because we paid for it. I been chipping in each paycheck for 49 years. (sorry for the rant, just had to get it out!)

If you have no dependents, are healthy and don't have expensive prescriptions, you might get away with basic Part A and B along with GoodRX.

Diabetic.

...but thanks.

He's talking about ending up "out of the network" which means you have to pay them because the insurance won't. It was explained to me, this is a much larger problem in larger areas, because there are simply more outfits (hospitols etc) as well as various doctors, and therefore you can end up "out of network." I've checked, and anyone I've been dealing with is "in" around here.

This appears to be a much worse problem in big urban areas

Then just don't go out of network. Double check with the plan before you nail it down that your doctor(s) are in network.

-
Back