Well... THAT didn't work....

-

mopar440_82

MONC baby!!!
Reaction score
Have had a leak when it rains, coming in from under dash... got a seal kit for windshield wiper posts... tore car apart to get at wiper transmission and posts... definitely needed doing... replaced all seals and grommets per instructions... was super happy, until it rained yesterday and now there's a puddle of water on driver's side floor... at least the brand-new carpet is still in the garage!!! Any ideas? Thinking windshield seal... guess I'll have to lay on the floor w/doors closed and have someone hose the car down... see what I can see...:banghead:

I believe your on the right track, I have had a couple Duster's with dash / cowl leaking problems. One was the windshield seal, (got away with just replacing the locking bead). And the other was degraded sealant at the seam seals, which I replaced. As a side not you may want to make sure that the cowl drain holes are clear of debris, and that the cowl can properly drain. Drain holes are located behind front fenders. Hope this helps, good luck!

73 408 Duster

Check here, Usually the problem on these 40 year old cars. They are not painted under the cowl.

They are also seam sealed around the water dams shown This car the seam sealer was dry and coming off. This can all be fixed and sealed without removing the cowl if you know what you are doing. Remove heater and vent box. Vacuum the debree up through the holes and reach in and apply a POR15 or Chassis Saver with a brush or spray wand. Then seam seal the rust holes shut.

I only removed this cowl from the red scamp to use on the orange Duster due to the Cowl grille rotted and needed being replaced. So this one will be fixed while it is off.

Attachments

• DSCF1110001[1].jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF1110003[1].jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 025.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture 026.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 028.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture 029.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 027.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF1110011[1].jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 203
My 70 Duster, bought new, had the leak, still does. Window gasket. 69 Chargers have the same problem.

-
Back