Went looking for a new toy

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
I started out the weekend feeling good about looking for a new toy. I got a lead on a solid running 65 Dart GT and a 60 Dodge truck. Tried for 2 days to get to see the Dart, but the guy wouldn't answer his phone or return my call. Should have know a complete running Dart for $1200 wouldn't turn out. So I decided to take a look at the truck. I show up and its a 61/62. The guys title says its a 60, but the body style changed in 61 and thats the the style it was. The truck was a solid short bed, but I really had my heart set on a 60 or older body style. I guess somethings telling me to save my money.

is it hard to find cars on the islands? i was there last october and it seems like such a small place to try and find any good leads? am i way off base?

Good to hear your looking for another car Craig!
I wouldn't think that it would be to difficult to find something decent out there laying around in the desert!

Lawfish is from there in Nev. he always has something up for sale maybe he would have something for you.

Great to see your getting the car bug again Craig. Your not that far from Cal., maybe you should see whats available there.

It does sound like your search's are very similar to mine. It gets very tiresome chasing those wild geese.

Jack

is it hard to find cars on the islands? i was there last october and it seems like such a small place to try and find any good leads? am i way off base?

I guess I should update my info for people who've been here for less than 3 years (I can't believe its been that long). I live in Vegas now. I have a 72 340 Duster thats still at my home in Hawaii. Here in Vegas I have a 76 Aspen and a 89 Ramcharger I trying to get rid of.

Jack there's a 69 Dart roller in LA area for $1100, but I don't have a trailer or truck that could make the trip.

Kev most of the cars out here have very solid bodies, but most of the people want too much money. Good deals come up often, but go pretty fast. I'm actually going to look at this car this afternoon:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/571259819.html

The guy gets off of work at 5 so I'm going there right after. A little newer than I would like, but I could always use it for parts if I find a nice older /6 car:-D

Doesn't look bad at all!
I like the white interior.

I figure interior and lbp discs is worth close to what he's asking. I could make the rest up selling off the rest of the parts. Then if I could only sell the Aspen or Ramcharger I could buy Robs Duster and put everything in that along with the eddy headed 340 I have sitting in the garage=P~ Okay time for me to wake up from this dream:toothy10: But hey it could happen, with all the bad luck I've had over the past few years maybe its time for things to change:banghead:

Just do it! Git'er done! ... whatever phrase that motivates you. I better get that cam down there just in case you need it for that motor. Maybe Rob, would take the Duster out your way to the Vegas show for gas money and a little extra (you know ... enough to replace that crappy ol' sandwich he offered me). ;-)

-
Back