Went out for a cruise tonight...

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
So, me and the gf went out for a cruise tonight. We were bored, and although I think most people who go cruising are losers, I hadn't driven the dart all day, and I felt like taking it out. Well we were driving and it was fine, but there was a check point on the main road used to go cruising, and I didn't really feel like going down that road anymore, so I just went and pulled in at the in n out where the vast majority of cruisers go and just park and sit around. Well I parked, and me and the gf hung out drinking our milkshake, looking at all the cars around us. Well some 3rd generation mustangs parked right in front of us, and I mean, I'm not a huge mustang fan, but to each their own, whatever.

Well, when it was time to leave, I gave the gas a pump, and went to start it. Well, sometimes one pump isn't enough, and the car started for half a second then went down. So I gave it another pump, and went to start it, and right then I noticed all the mustang drivers sitting there laughing at my car. Of course it started up just fine the second time, and I drove off. But I was just like seriously, who do these 3rd gen mustang owners think they are?

No offense to mustang drivers out there, but really you're just another drop in a vast ocean of mustang owners.

You could buy a Rustang too and be like everybodyelse,but you chose to be different.Kudos to you!:cheers:

Yeah. My girlfriend wants a classic car now, and she was thinking about a mustang, but after going out tonight and seeing how many there are (and how overrated they are) she decided she wants either a barracuda, GTO (haha), or a challenger. She'd also go with an old charger.

what the hell is wrong with cruising? why is crusing for losers? :tool:

Cruising ... it's not just for losers.

Yeah. My girlfriend wants a classic car now, and she was thinking about a mustang, but after going out tonight and seeing how many there are (and how overrated they are)
no Mustang made after 1970 classifies as a 'classic car' (maybe some people would include the '71-'73). If there were a bunch of classic Mustangs there you live in a cool place.

what the hell is wrong with cruising? why is crusing for losers? :tool:
this.
I guess I'm a huge loser:-(

Eh, cruising in fresno is different. Fresno is full of a bunch of hondas, toyotas, 3rd gen + mustangs, and rice rockets with annoying exhausts and 4 cylinders. Some of the pictures you guys have of cruising seem like a great time, and I'd love to join in. Cruising here though is just a ton of 18-24 year olds (which I am part of, but not really "part of") who have imports with body kits and whiney engines. It's just not that cool in fresno. I will be going down to chubby's though on friday, they have a classic car meet up kinda thing they do on fridays.

Hey I was just in Fresno last month.What street is the cruise strip?Your right,I didnt see many muscle cars,mostly ricers and (gulp) DONKS!lol

Hey I was just in Fresno last month.What street is the cruise strip?Your right,I didnt see many muscle cars,mostly ricers and (gulp) DONKS!lol

Blackstone is the main cruise strip. Near herndon and the river park area. Yeah it's annoying. There is very few muscle. I only saw 5 cars last night that were pre 75. 4 of them were mustangs. The other was an impala.

Screw those losers in their shitbox Rustanks!!!! I hate Fords!!!!!! Piss on all Fords!!!!! MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!!!!!!

Ahh,ok.My aunt lives not far from Blackstone,near Ashlyn Ave(if I spelled that right)
Fort Collins is the same,rice shitboxes,theres a few musclecars every now and then but College Avenue back in the 80s-90s was the **** back then,nothing but musclecars ruled the streets until the cops started blocking it off,and then cruising here just died =(
I miss those days

ah yeah I live right on ashlan and blackstone basically. Yeah I mean you can find muscle cars here, people own them, you see them in drive ways, but those people just don't go out cruising. Cruising is just full of like you said, ricers and that sort. And like I said, I don't hate you because you don't own a classic muscle car, but when you look down on me for my car, then you just become a joke imo.

FWIW - cruising = driving. Now I'm with you, Cory. Just driving around for no purpose does nothing for me. But driving around with no purpose beats trailering to a show any day. Of course the car has to be something I like. And I'm no bigot. I love any old car.

I had a 3rd gen Mustang. It was ok, but nothing special, except that it was a tiny compact with a v8. But it had no soul, and was made out of tin (convertible, so really flimsy). I don't remember EVER getting a comment or compliment on that car from a non-Mustang owner. Not that I'm out there for recognition. Just illustrating how common and insignificant those cars are.

And I like 71-73 Mustangs. Ugly as they are, they have been growing on me.

I mean I truly enjoyed cruising in the dart last night, but I just think that the idiots around here are annoying, it's more of a locale kind of thing haha. I think old mustangs are attractive, I even got paint ideas off of a 69 that was out cruising last night. Like I said, I just felt more of a problem with the attitudes of some drivers. And they happened to be mustang drivers.

I guess we're pretty luck in Houston. I live in Cypress which is on the west side of houston and on wens nights they have a classic car show at a coffee shop close to my house and on saturday nights they have a very large 200+ car meet at a krogers where the requirement is that the cars must be older than 1978 to be able to park/attenend. Keeps all the idoit kids and ricers out and makes it a nice cruise in

When I used to ride, I got the same crap from late model Harley riders. It's funny, because HD riders can be the most loyal and real bunch you will ever meet. But you get the johnny come lately credit card crowd, and you can just tell they are in it to show off, and mask their insecurities. I once told one of them (in a crowd of his cronies) to fu@k off. I'm a short guy, and non threatening in any way. Yet that guy just shut up. Gee, what does that tell you?

Background: I was riding HD at the time, and have owned four if you count the Buell (I don't). Next bike will be a T100 Bonneville.

Yeah you're definitely lucky. I know a restaurant here named chubbys does a classic car meet up on fridays, so I'm definitely going to be attending that this friday. Sounds a lot more fun.

well one thing of owning an old car you can work on it 'all he knows is how to turn the key and beat the hell out of it. I have stangs and **** try all the time to get me to RUN them in my vert they say come on open that hime up and run me well my lt 273 just not made to run them down but I can work on it .
I see them in the shops all the time fixing **** and trying to get 5more hp out of intake

Yeah. My girlfriend wants a classic car now, and she was thinking about a mustang, but after going out tonight and seeing how many there are (and how overrated they are) she decided she wants either a barracuda, GTO (haha), or a challenger. She'd also go with an old charger.

I'd help you push you car before I would drive a Mustang!

I think there is a big differance between an organized (or even semi-organized) cruise and "driving around the same 4 blocks all night". Organized cruises often have older participants who take pride in their cars and other's cars as well. When i was in high school, we would cruise around, but it wasn't the same at all. Back then it wasn't about the cars (too much, maybe a street race or two), but about kids with time to kill.

as far as mustangs, there are only two I like, first gen fastbacks (Bullit) and 74-79 Mustang II. The first group cost more than my house, and the second group all got crushed!! I remember seeing a mustang II cobra years ago, it's amazing what a small V8 and some plastic can to to make a Pinto look cool!

-
Back