went shootin and caught the bug

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
me and my buddies went shooting today with a 22 long rifle and a winchester 30-30. i have always been a city boy but liked country life just never had the chance to do much with it but goin to school in cheyenne, wyo in the middle of country lifestyle i am getting to enjoy it now:) but after shooting today i want to get a rifle. i really like the 30-30 cuz it really is a good guy for a beginner and can still be really usefull. so i was thinking maby someone out there maby close to denver or cheyenne would have a 30-30 or close to that that isnt used to much anymore and would sell it or trade for some mopar stuff?? i have a builder 318 with a 904 auto tranny also a complete a/c set up except the a/c under dash unit (i have one but would need a just heater one for my car) a set of bucket seats out of a mid '90s caviler that i was gonna put in the scamp, idk i have a lot of stuff lol so if you have a gun that you would like to sell or trade let me know and i can see if i can get you what you need:) thanks tyler

get you one of these. it feels good to know you can kill a car if you want to.I could blow a hole thru my safe lol

tryout 046 (Medium).jpg

tryout 044 (Medium).jpg

tryout 045 (Medium).jpg

lol .44 mag is a lil big for me i just about picked up a ak-47 a lil back. im kickin myself now

lol .44 mag is a lil big for me i just about picked up a ak-47 a lil back. im kickin myself now
One of the many cool things about a .44 mag revolver is its ability to run .44 special rounds for reduced recoil. The AK rifles aren't as versatile as a 30-30 lever gun.

that would be cool. the ak wouldnt be the best gun for me i know but it would be a gun to have fun with. i want to actualy hunt thats why i like the 30-30 instead of like a revolver or pbly even an ak wouldnt be as good

you should look around the gun shops in cheyenne, I know there are quite a few of them. I called a few of them up when I was looking for a used ruger 10/22 for rabbit/raccoon hunting. Im sure there is a gun show there somewhere too this summer. AK's are getting harder to find for cheap, seems like they've doubled in price in the last few years.

ya i probably will im just broker then chrysler lol. thats why i was looking for a trade for now then if i dont have one later i will just go get one

get you one of these. it feels good to know you can kill a car if you want to.I could blow a hole thru my safe lol

That will knock a bear on his ice hole Nize, :cheers:
Can you say "Make my day punk" :cheers:

AKs can still be found for under $600. They were cheaper a year or two ago but that still isn't bad. SKSs are even cheaper. $350 or less. The nice thing about them, besides their bulletproof reliability and ease of maintenance, is that ammo is very cheap. The cheapest you will find 30-30 is about 60 cents a round and 7.63x39 can be had for about half that much.

k lol i am pretty gun retarted knowing what can do what. can the sks shoot long distances and kill deer, antelope, elk that sort of thing? and how is their kick?

Yes they can kill deer, and antelop out to say 150 yards I guess. The elk like 100 yards maybe. Personaly I dont like shooting anything over 100 yards. My dad hunted with ak for a deer season. I would say it kicks less or equal to a 30-30. Daredevil is right about that 44 mag. I got super blackhawk 44 mag and its fun to shoot but even funner with 44 special.

the 7.62x39mm is a 30 caliber round and is just as effective as a 30-30 as far as killing goes. buy a 300wsm and vaporize them at 4ooyrds. thats the way we do in da south, any other gun ques. ?? i was an assistant manager of a gun store for three years i'll answer what i can, bama-a-body

i love ruger i also have a 1st gen. red hawk 44 mag. , black hawk 357 and a kp 345 45 auto..... then i have the mk77 in 300 wsm you have good taste in guns and cars ....... Do all mopar guys shooy rugers sounds like a poll or do it ???????????

hey,
30-30's in Texas are referred to as a Saddle Gun, Or Brush Gun....very versatile., and probably my favorite overall firearm.

The reason they are referred to as a Saddle Gun is because in the old west and even today,...they are slim, short and easy to pack on a horse.

Us Texans refer to them as Brush Guns because in a heavy mesquite thicket they are an excellent game rifle.....when you are hunting (old school - walking the terrain) and come up out of a creek bottom and into some dense mesquite and see some deer in the clearing up ahead its a sure shot. They have quite a punch within 150yds....less so further out.

If your primary intrest is Hunting....and your in Wyoming...I highly suggest a Bolt Action 30-06. A 30-06 has the punch to drop anything that you might encounter within a MILE....and smaller game (such as white tail deer) over a MILE away...once you get experienced with sighting, wind speed, and understand trajectory.

30-06 is a bit heavier, louder, and bigger, but it has the power and accuracy to do everything you could ever want to do with it....you'll want to get a Sniper Like 20x Scope for it so as to Maximize its capabilities.

Good luck, I love shooting/hunting.
...and by the way...I used to live in Cody, WY back in 1984-87...B E A utiful.

thanks for all the responses. i have never shot a 30-06 but was recomended that and the 30-30. i will see what i think of shooting the 30-30 then see what is cheap enough for me. is there anywhere maby online to buy cheap ammo? like target rounds. i bought a box of 30-30 with 20 rounds in it and the cheapest in cheyenne was $24 o box lol i know there has got to be a cheaper place everywhere was even outta .22 long rifle bullets it was kinda wierd i thought

-
Back