Went to a Car Show Today and Won an Award

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
So pretty much all the car shows around here have been canceled! However, the local Jeep dealership had one today. There were about 80 cars there; with about 20 being in the 1960s group. I sat next to Craig Fox (on this forum) and visited with him and his lovely wife all day. It was a very pleasant day, and the weather was great. All day long, people were drooling over Craig's BEAUTIFUL 67 matching number 383 Formula S 4 speed Barracuda Convertible. My non-matching number 69 Fastback was beside his car. His car is WAY more rare than mine, and, I think, much better looking. But at the end of the day, I guess mine had gotten more votes, since I got the best 1960s award. I was really surprised since I think Craig's car is way nicer than mine. Just shows you that people don't always take things like rareness and Matching numbers into account when voting. Getting the award was nice, but spending the day with my new friend, Craig, who I met through this forum was the best part.
Award2.JPG
award1.JPG

Congrats!!! That's a cool looking trophy.

Just like football, "any given Sunday" or in this case, Saturday.

Like you said, the best part is getting together. It's cool you were able to meet up and park beside another FABO member.

Congratulations, that's a cool looking award!

Congratulations! You're absolutely right most people don't take into account the things that are special and different but that being said you have a beautiful car and it is great to be recognized for all of your hard work.

Congrats man! Don't sell yourself short. You have a beautiful car.

Very nice!

People like what they like, and sometimes it’s just the color and feel of the ride that trips their trigger.

I once outplaced a ‘71 Plumcrazy Hemi Cuda convertible in a show with my ‘69 GTS. I never would have expected it and that car was beautiful. Didn’t think I had any chance being in the same judging class with that.

Congrats!

Congratulations! It should never be about the trophy anyway. Just being able to go to shows and talk to people is all I need. I have won some trophies and gotten nothing too. I much prefer the reaction of people when they flip through my picture book. The story is always better than the reward at the end.

Very nice car ..congrats .. judges know what they like. I usually wind up at shows with my cousin who has a beautiful '67 427 Fairlane. He CONSTANTLY wins something, and I'm an also ran and he busts my chops..

Last time we were at a show he naturally got a plaque and I didn't, he came walking back from getting it and said, you want hold this. I said stick it up your ***, he said no really I have to take a piss.

67264381_2684899091736419_4032848615905951744_o (1).jpg

Last edited:
-
Back