Went to Black Sabbath's "the End" concert last night.

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Ozzy since the 80's, this was great! A wee bit too loud (and I like it loud) but great overall.

black sabbath4.jpg

black sabbath5.jpg

black sabbath3.jpg

black sabbath6.jpg

black sabbath2.jpg

It's hard to accept that the rockers of our younger days keep getting old at the same pace we do. I guess it is a part of my youth that I wish would last forever!

Glad Tony Iommi has his cancer in remission.

At one time I had every Black Sabbath album from Black Sabbath to Never Say Die on vinyl.

I just wore them out and threw them away. Wish I had them for the covers and liner notes.

Not a bad album in the bunch.

Sweet !!!
Who was playing guitar when you saw ozzy in the 80's
Randy , Jake , Brad , or Zack ?
I've seen Ozzy once and DIO twice before he passed but. Ever Black Sabbath .
My favorite sabbath is Heaven n Hell !!

Sweet !!!
Who was playing guitar when you saw ozzy in the 80's
Randy , Jake , Brad , or Zack ?
I've seen Ozzy once and DIO twice before he passed but. Ever Black Sabbath .
My favorite sabbath is Heaven n Hell !!
Jake Lee on the Ultimate Sin tour.

THIS my friends is the 1st pressing of the eponymous Sabbath!!!

I've had this since my freshman year so that's 1978. It's nice when you grew up with a family member owning a record shop. I wonder what it's worth?

Black Sabbath.jpg

You can see the WB (warner brothers) stamp on the corner.

I can remember back in 1973, I entered my 1970 Duster 340 with a tunnel ram and 2 660's in the World of Wheels car show at Curtis Hixon Hall, (no longer standing) in Tampa Fl. We had Black Sabbath, Paranoid 8-track, blasting thru the speakers. I remember like it was yesterday. I did win 1st place, best street driven car.

Some I had easy access to, but I have them all.

View attachment 1714989326

Yup, I'm jealous.

You just can't replace that stuff. If the origininal Sabbath album is an original pressing, has the liner and is in good or better shape it may be worth some money.

Lots of kids are buying up old used turntables and paying big $$$$$$$$$ for vinyl and listening to music that hasn't been altered.

That first album was made for next to nothing and cut live in the studio.

Damn.

Jake Lee on the Ultimate Sin tour.

I saw that tour. And the tour with Brad Gillis after Rhodes died, the tour with Ozzy and Motley Crue. Guy I knew sold MC the coke they has for the concert.

And one other tour.

Seen Dio several times, Yngwie several times, Judas Priest I can't count, even went to the 1983 concert when I was In the Army at Ft. Gordon. Alice Cooper in April of 1979.

WHOA! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet man sweet! Then you are lucky having seen Black Sabbath's very, very last American (U.S.A.) concert.

I've seen them twice. Once with Dio. Good shows.
Seen Ozzy 3 times and once I had an in for an "All Access" pass.

He was WAY lit up.
I met Gezzer Butler, quite ez going excellent guy. And his wife and her friend.
New for Ozzy that year was Zack and the drummer. 2 very cool guys willing to just sit and talk about a whole lotta nothing. We Could have hung out the night no problem.

Cool! I remember a guy in high school played Masters of Reality in the caf at lunch on a portable turntable lol.
Seen Ozzy and Sabbath both. Great shows.
I think the best concert Ive ever seen is Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd ooutdoors. 2 days to recover from that one.

WHOA! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet man sweet! Then you are lucky having seen Black Sabbath's very, very last American (U.S.A.) concert.

I've seen them twice. Once with Dio. Good shows.
Seen Ozzy 3 times and once I had an in for an "All Access" pass.

He was WAY lit up.
I met Gezzer Butler, quite ez going excellent guy. And his wife and her friend.
New for Ozzy that year was Zack and the drummer. 2 very cool guys willing to just sit and talk about a whole lotta nothing. We Could have hung out the night no problem.
WOW!!!!!

Yup, I'm jealous.

You just can't replace that stuff. If the original Sabbath album is an original pressing, has the liner and is in good or better shape it may be worth some money.

Lots of kids are buying up old used turntables and paying big $$$$$$$$$ for vinyl and listening to music that hasn't been altered.

That first album was made for next to nothing and cut live in the studio.

Damn.
Yup, has the liner in very good shape and the vinyl is very good shape. No scratches and I've always had a Nitty Gritty record vac/cleaner. And also I put the records in zero stat sleeves to keep them clean and not to wear out or damage the liner.

Ozzfest 2004.

IIRC the first "original lineup" tour since the 70's.

I was close enough to see Tony's plastic fingertips.

Great show, unfortunately they were eclipsed by Judas Priest who was on just before them.

I saw them when they came through Albuquerque in September. I took my 18 year old son along. Great show - I enjoyed the opening band too, Rival Sons. I thought Sabbath was awesome. After the show and while we made a food run, sitting at a Whataburger, my boy says to me "I knew they were heavy metal, just didn't know they were THAT heavy!" Yeah, that's how we rolled back in the day....

-
Back