Went to track yesterday!

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
Well me and few friends went to the local 500' track yesterday and had fun. My duster unfortunately wasnt ready for track duty because last time I took it and blew the spider gears and I havent checked the sprag yet so I was disappointed about that.

I was surprised thought about my dads street car. He has an 06 viper with some bolt ons and it ran 6.7x at 88 mph w/ a 2.1x 60'. Last time my car ran 6.38 at 80. I was def surprised that his car mphered that high. He has stock 3.07 gears and crossed the line on the rev limiter in 2nd. 8 mph difference in 500 feet is huge. Oh yeah viper gets 24 mpg at 75 because of the crazy high gear ratios.

I am thinking V10 duster, but I dont think dad would agree.

Yes, I've never seen or heard of a 500 track. Sounds like fun though!

Vipers aint geared perfectly for the track though...

I spent the night at the local 1/4 mile last night, just spectated..street legals..the Dodge Neon's were tearin' up the Mustangs.

My friend has a Viper,runs 12.5.s stock.I like them,but not for 1/4 mile?,save the track for muscle.:-D

My friend has a Viper,runs 12.5.s stock.I like them,but not for 1/4 mile?,save the track for muscle.:-D

I agree. While its pretty sweet drivin down the road and seein' a Viper or other high prcied car pass you, I prefer seein' the older muscle built by some guy in his two car garage roast the track...
:wav:

I agree. While its pretty sweet drivin down the road and seein' a Viper or other high prcied car pass you, I prefer seein' the older muscle built by some guy in his two car garage roast the track...
:wav:
Don,t forget the chit eating grin,sayin...I built this BADASSM.Fr..fast or not?Your still lookin cool doing it!!

500' track..thats not even a 1/4,never seen one of them..

Yeah its not even an 1/8. It used to be the full 660' but didnt have enough shut down room.

Yeah dads track car is down since he just got it painted and he def found out that the viper is no drag strip car but def makes mad power. It has WAY more muscle than MOST small block mopars that make 540hp and get 24mpg.. :toothy10:

I was just shocked at the mph. He was already talking about pulling the gear and trying some drag radials. It def would run a high 10 with the air on and rowing gears on a 6 speed.

-
Back