went with a comp 280 magnum cam is the idle the same as a mp 280-474?

-
It should be close.

Each manufactures spec's their cams differently. Just because they have the same numbers, doesn't mean that they have the same profile. So there is a bit of variation just in the way that they rate their cams.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAT_hTTH7E4"]Mopar 318 w/ comp cams 280h - YouTube[/ame]

Wish there were more video with that 280h cam.the 318 in this video is an almost exact of the mopar muscle partsbook ,318 build 400hp.id like a better video to c how it idles.hard to tell in this video.mean318 build is simular also.

Wish there were more video with that 280h cam.the 318 in this video is an almost exact of the mopar muscle partsbook ,318 build 400hp.id like a better video to c how it idles.hard to tell in this video.mean318 build is simular also.

A 280 Comp Magnum ,is a bit feisty in a 318. Get the compression up to a real 9-10 to 1,run about a 3200-3500 converter. (Know your gears ,already). Worked 302 heads,help here.

About 20 years ago I had the comp magnum 280 can in a 327 Chevy. Idle wasn't to bad. Sounded healthy though. Had great power from 2000 to 6500 or so from what I can remember. Took off hard and pulled all the way through. More bottom end than the stock can by a long shot. And way more top end. Had a 4 speed manual close ratio Muncie. 3.00 or higher gears. But like I said pulled way harder down low than chevys stock cam. Its not a 318 or even a Mopar so I'm just sharing an experience. No idea or clue what that can is like in a 318.

-
Back