Were Do I Find A Variable Wiper Switch ???

-

Ozcuda

gotta love a MOPAR
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well something has finally broken on the Barracuda the variable wiper switch is playing funny games & only works when it feels like it. So can anybody point me in the direction of where I can get a new 1 from. I have looked at year 1 & they don't seem to have 1 I am yet to check Layson's out.

Thanks Graham.

When and if you find out please let me know. I have the 3 speed variable in my 68 cuda that is missing a speed. Awhile back I was trying to see if a switch from a different application would work but I didn't find any joy. I'm too scared to try and take mine apart to see if I could clean a contact or rebuild it in any way cause I'd probably bread something and then I'd have nothing.

Thanks I have looked at a standard type wiper switch & they are totally different I am going to ask my auto electrician if it is possible to change it over if I can't get a replacement variable switch.

Ok my auto electrician has serviced the wiper switch & it is working fine for now. Thanks for the input guy's. I will still keep an eye out for another switch for a spare when I find 1 for a 65 model.

So the switch is serviceable???? Or is it something that only trained people and fools would take apart????

Your a trained tech after being a fool and pulling one apart and getting it back together. Correctly at that.

The correctly part is what worries me since I don't have a spare. I'm afraid that some spring will come zinging out of there and I'll never find it or even if I did, I wouldn't know where it went.

I had to open a vatiable 3 speed switch back in 89. the bimetal strip (safety limiter) was cracked. Soldered 2 wires, routed them out of the switch a attached a cycling circuit breaker.
The things I cant fix weren't made of much to begin with.

So the switch is serviceable???? Or is it something that only trained people and fools would take apart????
No the switch isn't servicable unless you have the same thinking as my auto electrician. He said that somebody put it together in 1965 so why can't he pull it apart & sevice it.....I know I wouldn't do it with my luck I would have broken, lost or destroid something.

I guess I should have asked here first. Sorry. I bought it last month and it doesn't work for my application. I would pull it but there are some watchers. I paid $88 plus shipping. I guess these are hard to come by. (esp. in Hawaii!) I got a different part # switch that works for my application (wiring harness). So no need for it.

Mahalo!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=290229232931&rd=1

-
Back