Were to buy auto body supplies on line.

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I should probably get to know my local paint suppliers but theres time were I need to order stuff on line anyway. Anyone have suggestions ? Ive been using TCP Global but the shipping is getting ridiculous. I just placed a $130 order and got hit with a $50 ground shipping fee and there was nothing hazardous in this order.

Wife just ordered 50 pounds of bird seed, $38 for the seed.........$45 to ship..........shipping is indeed ridiculous

I was going to say TCP Global too........ and I agree..... that is totally ridiculous too, for shipping. Today's shipping cost are flat crazy, and they say the Postal Service is going belly up........ bullcrap!!!!!!!!!!!

I like TCP and I understood the high prices when I ordered paint, primer, filler etc, but I paid $40 something to ship a roll of plastic and a paint gun stand.

summit racing, no shipping fee's ....paint,filler most stuff ships for free.(12.00 handling charge per order) usually order several gallons to make it an even sweeter deal.
they carry most of the Big names in filler...but just their paint. i think Jegs carries eastwood stuff now.

eastwood.com is the best. it was recommended to me by a local restoration shop... great prices and they ship immediately, it's at your door faster than you would even imagine

I should compare TCPs prices with Eastwoods, its probably close and the free shipping is great.

autobodytoolmart.com has done right by me. Eastwood is good, but I live 20 miniutes from them so I usually just pick up my stuff.
Shipping is getting higher & higher all the time. It's what happens when fuel prices are as high as they are.

eastwood doesn't always offer free shipping, but jegs now carries some of their stuff and they ship free.

i wish we had a local place that wasn't out to rape the little guy, the onse around here charge a fortune

I agree with Autobodytoolmart and Eastwood. I always try to hit it right with the free shipping promotions though.

I believe Eastwood has something called the Buyers Club and if you pay a annual fee ($30 or less), then everything you order is shipped free for a year. Not bad if you order often.

Adam, check on amazon.com. I bought my paint though there. When the paint came it was from TCP Global. When I checked on the price on tcp's web site the price was the same as on amazon, but I got free shipping through amazon.

You have been warned the eastwood paint is absolute ****. You couldn't pay me to use it again. If you want a cheap clear the montana clear is $130 a gallon/w hardener off the tool truck and works great for what it is.

Its not paint Im after, its everything else. Masking supplies, sand paper etc. Mostly because Im to lazy to go to the store. I can get base/clear mixed by a few shops I know. single stage I would need to order.

Call these guys and tell them you run a shop, they might have someone close enough to just deliver to your territory. They will give you massive discounts if you ask too. Have some prices written down from your local people and ask them how much they can beat them... they gave me up to 30% off cost just by asking and if you order an entire system to do a complete they will knock off another 5%

http://finishmaster.com/locations.cfm?state=CT

Finishmasters are in my area, So is Kemperly. I really should just hook up with a local rep. I know a few from working at a body shop and seeing they all sell detailing stuff as well Im sure they have other stuff I can use,

I buy almost everything from Autobody toolmart.

Me and my friend usually bought the parts from theautopartsshop.com and if we cant find part on this, simply switched to carpartsshed.com. They are good in service, parts required less maintenance and reliable shipping charges. You should try it once.

-
Back