were to get the best price for tires

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
i need 4 tires bad. i stopped by 2 places the other day and got prices starting at 85 bucks a tire.215-70-14 and even more for the 225-70-14 about 90 sumthin... if you ask me that is outrages. my z rated 245-45-17 cost the same. that was thru summit and the local discount tire matched the price..

im doing a search today, let me know where i should look.
thanks

instead of 59 they are now 78 bucks puts them at 88 a piece. im still looking

i need 4 tires bad. i stopped by 2 places the other day and got prices starting at 85 bucks a tire.215-70-14 and even more for the 225-70-14 about 90 sumthin... if you ask me that is outrages. my z rated 245-45-17 cost the same. that was thru summit and the local discount tire matched the price..

im doing a search today, let me know where i should look.
thanks

Sounds like a deal to me. I got quoted 120 each for some bfg 245-60-14.

Online is definitely cheaper for the price of the tire, but make sure you have a place to install them lined up first. I bought tires off of tire rack for my g/f's truck and saved a ton over the local tire shops, but then I had to shop around to find someone that would install them. Some places won't even install them without receipts. After I paid for installation and balancing I wasn't ahead anymore, a lot of places throw that in if you buy the tires from them, but will charge you for it if you just show up with tires. I think all said and done I saved a few bucks per tire, but it would have been faster and easier to just have it done locally.

Just make sure if you're looking online you consider the whole package with shipping and installation, and not just the price of the tire.

Discount Tires Direct hooked me up on the Neon. Falken 205/40ZR17's on some cool wheels for $800 delivered!

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do

P.S. I think that both Discount Tire and Tire Rack will ship the tires to a shop and let you go down and have them installed.

I have 4 like new of 215-70R-14, Cooper ( I think ) black wall. Only 4000 miles on them. 200.00 plus shipping from 29642 or local pickup. Who knows what shipping might cost :(

It's time for wheels and tires!
thatiscorrectsmiley.gif

15"s and bigger are actually cheaper because they are more common now.:read2:

craigslist national search has sum really good deals but none of them are close to me. i now believe im gonna use 205s up front and 225 in back.
big o has sum 58 dollar 205s uni royal tiger paws the 225s are $78.. doing the math that $60+ cheaper than big name tires. ahhh, i will keep looking.

i went to the local discount and quoted them a price and they matched it. bfs for 87 and 90 205's and 225's.........................

i ended up paying alot.. but got a good tire........they dont make 14's as plentiful as they use to...............................

you really would be better off with 15 or 16 inch rims for a better selection of tires.................................................

-
Back