West Coast newbie

-

GoMopar

Reaction score
Hello everyone, there probably arent many young members on here but I hope you all can welcome this sixteen year old! My dad currently owns a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 318, a beat up 1973 Plymouth duster 340 4 speed, and a 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed (i know, not an A body but a nice car nonetheless :faroah:.) He used to own a 1968 Dodge Dart GTS as well but traded it along with some owed money for the Roadrunner.

Right now my dad and I are working on restoring the Dart to tip top shape so that I can drive it around. However the parts we need seem to be very very hard to find (steering wheel, dash trims), and it seems this is a great place to get help. The car used to have a vinyl top but it all peeled off so we are in the process of taking the chrome strips and windshields off to convert it to a painted roof and repaint the whole car to restore it to its yellow glory!

Once that is done, we can begin working on the Duster, and maybe someday down the line I can sell them to move on to bigger and better things :yawinkle: I really look forward to becoming part of this community and the community of car enthusiasts in general. Thanks for reading!

Welcome to FABO !!

Do you come to Spring and Fall Flings? You sound real local to our car club meetings.

The Chrysler Performance West Car Club puts on those shows. We meet in Granada Hills the second sunday of the month (next sunday). 7:30 pm behind the Granda Hills Shopping Center on Balboa Blvd and San Fernando Mission Road (behind the Ross store). Chrysler clubs are a great way to find parts, services, info, and knowledge about our cars.

Club website: http://www.cpwclub.com/about-us/content/

Thanks a lot everyone! Out of all forums I've been a member of this is by far the most welcoming.

Autoxcuda I had no idea there were meets so close to me, I live in Granada Hills! Sounds great, can't wait to come out to them sometime.

Pictures on their way

Thanks a lot everyone! Out of all forums I've been a member of this is by far the most welcoming.

Autoxcuda I had no idea there were meets so close to me, I live in Granada Hills! Sounds great, can't wait to come out to them sometime.

Pictures on their way

Come over next sunday at 7:30 or 7:00 is a little better because people will have their Mopars in the parking for a little mini car gathering.

Just last Sunday morning we started off our club poker ralley from the Norwood Shopping center on Balboa just north of Rinaldi. Then went through the Santa Clarita mountains and back down Tujunja. Neat part of L.A. everyone seems to forget about.

Attachments

• PokerRally2011Sm09.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 113
  • PokerRally2011Sm50.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 117
Wecome from a bit farther up the west coast.

update: just picked up a 70 dart swinger parts car! the main things I plan to use from this are the roof and trunk floor, as they are completely rust free, and my current swinger is pretty badly rusted in these areas, and though still salvageable, it will save a lot of time filling up the holes.

the whole car was badly painted a flat black primer color, but there are quite a few good parts on it (like dog dish wheels!). it also has brand new tires, kyb shocks, and a flowmaster exhaust system. i might give them a test drive on the swinger just to see if i like them. the car was $600, not bad i think, considering i can probably get that back from selling parts.

-
Back