wet /hydroblaster info needed

-

mark studley

Reaction score
Hi folks I have had a great time conversing with some of you the information you give me is great and I thank you. So with that said here I go again I have a 1987 Smith 100 air compressor which has a ford 302 motor which uses 4 cyl. to run and 4 cyls to produce air it is capable of going over 200psig at 80 cfm but I generally run it at 100psig at 100cfm which in all the things that I have needed it for it has been great. I have a harbor freight blast pot about the size of a 30 gal propane tank I am looking to build a wet blaster for my cars to clean the rust and old paint off the cars, I also have a power washer that is 3300 psi I am looking to build a wet blaster I can get the kit from northern tools I am looking for feedback on any aspect of doing this pro/con triumphs and failures in short I would like to know what I am getting myself into. thank you in advance.

They work great. Just need to use good dry blasting sand. You can also use your sand blast pots to feed your hydra blasting tip also when using your pressure washer.

They work great. Just need to use good dry blasting sand. You can also use your sand blast pots to feed your hydra blasting tip also when using your pressure washer.

You have successfully done this? I've built two wet blasters using a dry pot and mixing nozzles with little success. The only success I've had is the mixing nozzle without a pot using the suction dry feed. Please elaborate on your setup.

OP. Are you trying to pressurize a wet slurry or drive the mix from the pot. Check that pot pressure before you blow yourself up. I tried a wet pot (should have tried glass) and also dry flow. I've increased the hose/valves to 1 inch and its still hit or miss with the pot. I used black bull and dry sand. I haven't tried glass yet but, I here that's what the pro guys use in a slurry. Let us know if ya have any success. Thanks

You have successfully done this? I've built two wet blasters using a dry pot and mixing nozzles with little success. The only success I've had is the mixing nozzle without a pot using the suction dry feed. Please elaborate on your setup.

OP. Are you trying to pressurize a wet slurry or drive the mix from the pot. Check that pot pressure before you blow yourself up. I tried a wet pot (should have tried glass) and also dry flow. I've increased the hose/valves to 1 inch and its still hit or miss with the pot. I used black bull and dry sand. I haven't tried glass yet but, I here that's what the pro guys use in a slurry. Let us know if ya have any success. Thanks
i saw a video where the guy pressured the pot to 40 psig just to help the sand along I was thinking trying that.

You have get the pressure just right coming out of the pots to feed the wand. Might depend on brand too.

-
Back