What’s the deal on Schumacher Creative Services

-
Have welder, will fabricate......This stuff is not that hard to make. Rob, did I send you the plans for the Streetmasters LA to B motor mounts? I got sketches somewhere. 2 nested U channel pieces with a through bolt - Looks like a hinge. Simple stuff with a chop saw and a drill press.

No, you didn't. But I sure would like them. That'll give me another option.

i dont know about the spool mounts, but man, the biscuit mounts are EASY to make
i betcha you could cut them out of 2x4 stock

That's a very graceful farewell if you ask me.

If they weren't offering a bunch engine mounts and headers, I'd agree. And that said, is there some big doings with big blocks and Hemis in Dakota trucks that I don't know about? The remaining things they offer really seem to be catering to that niche.

Sad to hear. I used their headers to put a 440 in my last dart and the fit amazingly well.

They have some good products beyond engine mounts, the bb and sb headers are really nice and fit well. Sucks i wish someone would take over.

After a little hunting around, I found that PST makes most of the stuff I was gonna get from Schumacher, so I guess they're gonna get my money now. The fast ratio steering box is also much cheaper than Schumacher, too.

Screenshot_20200901-204652_Chrome.jpg

@RustyRatRod her are a few pics of the Streetmasters LA to B mounts. I cant find the technical drawings I did but I have like 7000 pics to comb through, but this should give you an idea on how they were made. Nested U channel connected by a through bolt. Solid mount, K member bolt goes the other way :) mount up, level and tighten. Add a few washers to taste ...
Forget power steering, the control valve is almost in line with the exhaust port.
383swap 012.jpg
383swap 014.jpg
383swap 015.jpg
383swap 016.jpg

@RustyRatRod her are a few pics of the Streetmasters LA to B mounts. I cant find the technical drawings I did but I have like 7000 pics to comb through, but this should give you an idea on how they were made. Nested U channel connected by a through bolt. Solid mount, K member bolt goes the other way :) mount up, level and tighten. Add a few washers to taste ...
Forget power steering, the control valve is almost in line with the exhaust port.
View attachment 1715588422 View attachment 1715588423 View attachment 1715588424 View attachment 1715588425

That's very close to what I am planning on making to fit my spool mounts to the early K frame. Thanks.

another angle. IIRC there is a hard plastic insert where the through bolt goes on the bottom.
streetmaster.JPG

-
Back