What /6 will fit

-
Reaction score
I have a 64 dart with a 67 /6 engine what years are interchangeable???
I would like to rebuild one and make it look Nd run nice.
Moe

I'm pretty sure they all are. But if not I have a 70 225 complete with electronic ignition I'm trying to get rid of Pm me if intressted

Something about the early and late cranks are different in regards to the torque converter flange, so you have to be careful there. I don't know where the break is between early and late though.

the 67 and earlier cranks have a smaller hole for the front hub of the converter and the trans has a smaller spline count...

the 68 and later has a bigger hub hole (i think it was around 2") and the converter splines are 27...

so for stock usage 67 and older with 67 and older, 68 and newer, 68 yadda yadda...

Ok guy's thanks for that info now I know what to look for and I guess that answers the ?? On the 1970 /6 bummer
Moe

94ba16a3.jpg

As a long block, they'll all work for your '64 but as 805moparkid said, the '68 and later crank has a bigger converter hole so you need to get the conversion bushing to reduce the hole diameter to fit your existing converter button. Naturally, when you swap different years, you're going to run into various casting numbers, brackets, carbs, manifolds, oil pans, mounts, etc, but if you swap those parts from your '64, they will fit on the later long blocks. "81 and newer is a hydrolic cam and uses a different valve cover than the earlier ones so if you get one of those, make sure you get the valve cover with it. Also, some years have a head with a smog pump port that will need to be plugged for the earlier setup.

-
Back