What a deal on a Roadrunner...

-
That looks pretty good compared to some of the beaters they are pulling out of the woods up here and asking $10,000. LOL
Hey, it is from Buckhead!

That looks pretty good compared to some of the beaters they are pulling out of the woods up here and asking $10,000. LOL
Hey, it is from Buckhead!

Must be next door to F**khead.

Too new. Besides, the last REAL RR was in 1970. From 71 on they became bulbous underpowered B bodies, and then when to the "F" body which was even a bigger insult to the model, in my opinion.

From the looks of it , it probably does have a 350

And I suppose my charger is not a real charger, just a bloated 440 powered imitation charger

From the looks of it , it probably does have a 350

And I suppose my charger is not a real charger, just a bloated 440 powered imitation charger

I suppose. Sorry man, but I am allowed an opinion, too. I just do not like the post 1971 B bodies. It's nothing personal, it's just my opinion.

You obviously like them, and more power to ya. :dontknow:.

First off, I prefer cars with vent windows. The 71 and later B bodies, and the 73 and later A bodies don't have them.

I prefer the box/box/box body style over the fast back body style. All B bodies after 1971 were fast back style bodies. Also, Demons, Dart Sports, and Dusters aren't my favorites. Why? Fast back bodies, and no vent windows.

However, I do like post 1971 B and C body wagons.

Here something else, I like Dodge "A" bodies better than Plymouth A bodies, but I like Plymouth B bodies better than dodge B bodies.

The differences are all in the details.

Now, all that said, If an opportunity arose for me to by a post 1971 B oe post 1973 A body for a good price, I wouldn't hesitate. They just aren't my favorite.

TO me, the perfect A body style is the 1971 Swinger. Not a 70, not a 72. A 1971.
Why? I has the body style, and the window arrangement I prefer, it has the 4 light rear bumper I prefer over the 1970's 2 light rear, it has the gtill I prefer over the 1972's, it has the side marker's I prefer over the 1972's, and it has the hood line I prefer over the 1973 and later Swingers.

It's all in the details. I bought a 1970 Duster new, at Christmas 1969. When the 71 Swinger came out, I was hooked. At that same time I also had a 1968 Hemi Roadrunner, and a 1969 GTX. Body styles were almost identical.
To my eye they were the 2 best designed B bodies, I traded my 70 Duster for a 71 Swinger, because that was what I wanted.

WHat you own has to please you, not me. It's your money, you spend it on what you like. That's none of my business.

btw, I still own a 71 Swinger. ;)

Too new. Besides, the last REAL RR was in 1970. From 71 on they became bulbous underpowered B bodies, and then when to the "F" body which was even a bigger insult to the model, in my opinion.

I really liked my '72 RR 440 with the grabber. Black with the white strobe, white interior, and Cragars. It ran much better with the six pack on it as the stock 4bbl Holley was inadequate. Didn't last though as some clown decided to shorten my trunk up to the left rear wheel while parked in front of the house. The stock 440 did have the six pack rods in it by the way.

I really liked my '72 RR 440 with the grabber. Black with the white strobe, white interior, and Cragars. It ran much better with the six pack on it as the stock 4bbl Holley was inadequate. Didn't last though as some clown decided to shorten my trunk up to the left rear wheel while parked in front of the house. The stock 440 did have the six pack rods in it by the way.

I understand. I'm not judging anyone for owning a late B or A body. They simply aren't pleasing to my eye.

I not fond on the 1969 and late Mustangs, either, but the 64 through 1968's are cool.

They simply aren't pleasing to my eye.

I used to feel the same way, Frank.

Then the old man and I restored a '72 Charger SE for a customer. It grew on me to the point I started liking 'em.

But then again I'm '74 Barracuda owner. Everyone and their brother thinks they need to be cloned into '70's and '71's. Sorry, but I like the looks of the grille in the '72 ups better and I like my round taillights.

I also get laughed at for being an M-body fan.

My preference.

"To each their own," said the woman who kissed the cow...

I used to feel the same way, Frank.

Then the old man and I restored a '72 Charger SE for a customer. It grew on me to the point I started liking 'em.

But then again I'm '74 Barracuda owner. Everyone and their brother thinks they need to be cloned into '70's and '71's. Sorry, but I like the looks of the grille in the '72 ups better and I like my round taillights.

I also get laughed at for being an M-body fan.

My preference.

"To each their own," said the woman who kissed the cow...

To everyone"s own tastes. Back in the 60's-early, mid 80's , there were lots of interesting vehicles (not all musclecars....) to choose from. I , leave it there.

Come on now...it is a Mighty Mopar....it is worth double that...

Ink, off the books, what would you do ???

Only RR I have ever liked are the 69's. Had a buddy that had one in 1984, beautiful car. 440/HEMI 4gear/Dana. 0 rust...Phil drove it into a wall running from the Po Po. Phil never paid his dad for the car so his dad gave it to me to part out. Taking the cutting wheel/air chisel to that car was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Anyhow, this particular car...the color, the rubber band tires...have to go. But I HATE that body style...Looks like an over weight pig to me...

I like em' all.................I just like some better than others! I'm hopeing it's a scam because if the guy is serious, he's got some problems. What a way to ruin a car. Just my opinion of course. tmm

I like em' all.................I just like some better than others! I'm hopeing it's a scam because if the guy is serious, he's got some problems. What a way to ruin a car. Just my opinion of course. tmm

must be a .090 over 340 ??:)

Or the fact that it's not a 1977 Roadrunner?

That was the very 1st thing that jumped out at me!
If this clown doesn't know what he has, how the hell can he know what it's worth.
The pics are all to nice for someone who that stupid. This is a tire & wheel shop promo pic!
So, I'm going to say it's a scam!

Describe in detail the mechanical differences between the 1970 and 1971 Road Runner. Be specific.

-
Back