what a difference a day makes

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I posted yesterday about the mess I had in the engine bay with all the wiring problems. I spent all day trying to figure out what was going on with this. I can tell you one thing for sure. This car did not run to where I found it. Someone had 3 extra harnesses on this engine. I would have some wires running out of the bulkhead going nowhere. And some wires was hooked to the alt., coil, and some other things and was not even ran to the bulkhead. So I took your guys advice. I got my schematic out, had to use 2 different ones, and I started with one harness and ran the wires down to where it should have went and hooked em in. I had to replace one of the harnesses. It looked like at one point thie engine bay had a bad short in it and I think that is where someone who knew nothing became a mechanic and decided to drop out of school in the middle of the class. anyway , it is wired according to the diagram. Dont know yet if it is right but it is wired. Thanks for all you guys help. I may need more help later when we get deeper into the process. My son just found out last night when he put water in the radiator that bonnie & clyde must have been close to it. Looked like a sprinkler. He will need to get this redone. this pic looks a little better but I have to finish up the final routing of the wires. I had to stop working because I have a business meeting at church tonight. Thanks again for the help guys. Bill

Attachments

• DSC03433 (Copy).JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 217
Looks like ya might be down to about the right number of wires. Looks like you have 'em running in about the right directions, too. It's hard to come along behind someone who obviously didn't know (or care) what he was doing. That engine looks mighty pretty sitting in there. Keep up the good work, and post more pics.

ATB

BC

yeah, the motor looks good in there but man that engine bay sucks. Bad part is when he starts to do the body work, it all has to come back out. We are going to start on the inside this wekend. He has a complete floor pan for it. Right now it is a Flintstone mobile. Oh what it would be like to be his age again and have the energy he has. He also has new full quarters to hang. It will be like my Duster one day. It will be great to look back on these pics and see th progress. Thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far. It means a lot to me to know I can come here for answers. Bill

Bill, If you don't have the wiring sorted out. I've got a complete wiring harness from a '73 Duster 340 from headlights to taillights. Engine bay harness still has every thing plugged in ( ign. box, regulator,resistor etc.) If I remember correctly the under dash is uncut,it's been a long time since I stored it away. I was going to use the whole shebang in my '69 Valiant. Due to health problems I've decided to sell the valiant project and just try to finish my '75. The bulkhead plugs all looked good.
Bob

Bob. I will let you know. I have it sorted but have not checked it all out yet. I have started on the floorpan today. keep it in mind.

I would be interested in the rear taillight harness.If you want to seperate let me know drop me a pm.

-
Back