What a Family Show Was Like 65 Years Ago

-
I watched a kids' cartoon the other day on one of the Dish kids channels. Can't remember the name, but it was about a group of multi-ethnic children that went to a field to play and look at the flowers, trying not to offend anyone or anything.
It seems they keep dumbing down kids cartoons every year. My boys are 18 and 22 and they tell me the cartoons are not what they were when they were kids just a few years ago. I actually enjoyed some of the cartoons they watched and I agree. Give me some Jonny Quest and some Bugs Bunny!

As a young boy, if I missed Jonny Quest I was perturbed a long time for a kid, say 15 minutes.
Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies and Mel Blanc rule!
Underdog and Mighty Mouse and Tom and Jerry too

As a young boy, if I missed Jonny Quest I was perturbed a long time for a kid, say 15 minutes.
And you couldn't hit record on the DVR. LOL
I got my first VHS recorder sometime in the 80's. Think I paid around $400 for it. Remember how much fun it was(not) to program them? And then the power blinked and you got to do it all over. :BangHead:

And you couldn't hit record on the DVR. LOL
I got my first VHS recorder sometime in the 80's. Think I paid around $400 for it. Remember how much fun it was(not) to program them? And then the power blinked and you got to do it all over. :BangHead:
I had a top loader VCR, way more reliable than a front loader. I used to repair VCRs. Absolutely the most complicated, both mechanically and electrically, piece of consumer equipment I ever faced.

-
Back