What a monster ....

-
That ain't normal - gotta be revving to 20 grand near the end - F1 is high tech stuff and in a league of it's own, wow.

Well A Few Years Ago I Got To Drive A F-2000 Series Car. They Were Miniature Formula Cars. HP Was Only 125 But The Cars Only Weighed 1200lbs. They Were Frig en Fast On The Track. It Was A school For The Day. Road Track Racing Is Tough Man. The Car Sat On The Ground. There Was No Seat. You Sat On The Metal Floor With A Piece Of Cardboard. It Was A Great Experience And One That I Will Never Forget. You Shifted At 6-7 Grand And That Was The Minimum. You Were Never Aloud To Pass Any One. Just Follow The Pace Car Around. Then At The End Of The Day You Could Push The Pace Car As Hard As You Wanted. The Fun Began. I Was Able To Push Him Hard Enough To Put The Dam Radio Down. Three Of Us Reached Speeds Up To 175kmh. That Was Only On One Stretch Of The Track. Top Speed For The Pros Were 225. The G- Force Going Around Corners Would Scare You. You Could Not Be Over 200Lbs Or You Would Not Fit. They Strapped You In As Tight As You Wanted, And Tight Was An Understatement. So Tight That You Would Almost Lose Your Breath. To Get Out A Guy Would Straddle The Car And You Would Grab His Two Hands And He Would Pop You Out. They Were So Loud And Hot.

Notice the bonehead standing beside it as they revved the crap out of it showing everyone what a man he was. I wonder if after picking pieces of the block out of his crotch or eye balls he would have realized that he was standing in the most dangerous area, immediately beside it. Just an observation.
Cool sound though.

Terry

since the engines rev so high they only last a few races and they also have a system that acts as a vacuum to pull the air out of the engine as the crank rotates to decrease the turbulance inside. the old v12 formula cars and even v10 are even more impressive than some of todays v8 formulas.

-
Back