what a stupid *** thing for me to do

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
most of you who know me on here know I am a little particular about my car. I just got done with my mirrors the other day to slide under my car at car shows to show the undercarriage. I thought that if I am going to do that I had better make sure the undercarriage is up to par since I had not been under there in a month or so. I jack it up on jackstands and spent 6 hours yesterday detailing it. cleaning, painting and making sure it shows the best it can. I would like to win "Best Mopar" again this year at the show tomorrow. I get to the front area of the car and run out of paint. I am tired by this time and want this to be done so I bring out the spray can of black paint to finish under the radiator and k frame. just where the front mirror will be sitting. I am done. tonight after supper, I go out to the garage to clean the outside of the car before we leave in the morning. I would rather do it in the a/c garage than outside in the 90* temp. I start to spray the cleaner on the roof and when I ran the towel over it, it sounded like sandpaper. The a/c unit in the garage picked up the overspray from that little bit of spraying I did on the underneath of the car and it was all over the car. I spent 3 hours tonight using bar clay on this car. I had to do everything. all the windows, roof, hood, grill, fenders and even the bumpers. talk about a brain fart. I had one yesterday. I knew better than to spray in there but as tired as I was I just didn't think. I don't even think I will spray windex in there anymore. BUT THE CAR IS VERY CLEAN NOW.

Not trying to be an *** here but wouldn't it be more fun to drive the car and not worry about what it looks like underneath?

6 hours of cleaning anything = 6 hours less driving.

I would have used a little final wipe (paint prep) and wiped it down, waxed and done job, won't hurt painted surfaces

No rmchrgr, to me it wouldn't be better. to me if I am going to have something nice, I want it to be nice. besides, you cannot drive something all the time. I will take a few pics oklacarcollector. I don't know how long it will be going on as we are expecting storms tomorrow. gonna get a wet as* is what I am gonna do.

I just sprayed John deere yellow in the garage and it got on my Omni out side. The fan exits the back and the omni was setting in the front. Didn't notice it for a couple days and it baked in.

Looks like yellow metallic on the car. I didn't try clay bar but buffing didnt remove it. Omni was a recent base clear coat.

So don't feel bad we all screw up. I think the older we get the worse it gets.

Haven't done anything like that "with paint," but "other stuff" jus's bad.

Don't beat yourself up too much - take it from me, it's a strength of mine.
You must have one helluva clean Mopar! Looking forward to the pics....

-
Back