What a waste !! 1965 Plymouth Bites the Dust !!

-

Sport 360

MOPAR Lover
Reaction score
Here’s a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere with a 440 that had very few miles on her since its restoration.

A young man while high on methamphetamine stole this Black Beauty and crashed it into a tree.

Below are some photos of the car before the gruesome collision:

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,618
  • 8.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,089
  • 7.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,842
  • 6.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,598
  • 5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,484
  • 4.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,538
  • 2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,535
  • 1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,532
This is over on fbbo with pics....I damn near cried to see that car, whats left of it, crushed. To top it off, it was a Mosher built car.

Unfortunately the car thief survived, however his injuries are taking a long time to heal sufficiently for him to be able to reasonably communicate with the Arcadia , California Police Department.

That's terrible. It is a shame to see a vehicle of this caliber destroyed. The fact that it is limited in numbers just adds to the waste. But....another sad fact brought out by this is the drug problem in today's society. I know when I was younger there were things available that could get a person into trouble, but today kids are at a far greater risk. The S#$& out there now is terrible. I'm not defending anybody for making wrong choices, it's just that the effects are far worse than 20 or 30 years ago. No matter who it is, it's sad to see the aftermath of these situations.

What do you see on the right front brake drum?

attachment.php

Not much left of that car. Damn shame! Must have been use to driving an import car. What till he sues the owner to cover his medical, pain, and suffering.

I recall this car being auctioned off months ago. It was posted on here and everyone was making a big deal that someone likely died in it and that they wouldn't bid on it because of that.

ugh. poor owner. how does one replace a car like that. And yes I am a mean SOB but I hope the meth head died.

ugh. poor owner. how does one replace a car like that. And yes I am a mean SOB but I hope the meth head died.

the SOB meth head was the owners kid... stolen from the owners/fathers shop...and yes is a mosher built car...

You really don't want to know what I think or how I'd want to react.... I feel as though my car is my child . I know its made of metal and other stuff , not flesh and blood . If you really want to know PM me I don't want to get into trouble.

Please read the whole story. allpar.com
According to Bob Mosher, the young man had had a problem with methamphetamines but everyone believed he had gotten past his addiction: he had a good job, a girl friend and money in the bank.

In what some believe was an attempt at suicide, he got the shop key and alarm code from his dad and got in while the Mosher crew was away for a few days. Having gained entry into the shop, he broke into a lock box where the vehicle keys are stored, unlocked a non-running car that was parked in front of the Belvedere and rolled into the parking lot while his girlfriend tried to stop him.

It's hard to believe anyone could have survived a wreck like this. So sad to see such a gorgeous car wasted in such a way.

-
Back