What a waste.....

-
Oh he will. We have a local doing the same thing with some nice old Mopars.

Yeah, 2dr should be saved. 4drs do what ya will, like, disassemble, and use driveline so cooler mopars may live on.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 72 nyb 003 (Small).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 298
Someone needs to go shake that guy and trade him a chebby

What a nice looking 300

I have always wanted a 70 300 convertible and make a Hurst clone

Ya, the big Chryslers are sought out by the Demo derby guys. There are a few guys around here that hunt 'em up and ruin really nice cars. Some places won't even let 'em run Imperials because they have an unfair advantage by being so tough!

I wish there was somebody that could call that guy and try in buy it. It's is just way to nice to destroy.

I wish there was somebody that could call that guy and try in buy it. It's is just way to nice to destroy.

I would call but it's too late now that I am home from work. He probably wouldn't appreciate a call from the West Coast at almost 11pm Eastern time.

Anyone available to call tomorrow? I passed this on to another C-body board.

From the way that is on the trailer, I would bet that it is already bent up.
Sad.
I really need to get my moms old 73 Imperial started up, it has been sitting in a heated garage for over 10 years without being started.

tbhe kid will do it when i basically gave my 78 dodge on 33s to this kid ( he promised me a motor and a trans for th truck i traded him for i learne my lesson) his dad was wanting to derby it and i was closeto punching his dad in the face cause he said dodge are crap and i told them to leave and the kid wa like no no here lets talk about this and he sent his dad back to the truck. he never derbyed itbut that truck was passed around alot within 3 months and i never could figure out why. i woulda bought it back but the current high school kid owner wanted 1500 for it ad it hadnt changed at all. so you bet your *** he will derby the car and aything else they can get theyre hands on cause they dont care and 11 pm call? you care about that why?

The first car is pretty neat - somebody ought to save that one. :wink: The second car looks like a hack job to flip it for a profit. Looks like all the guy did was stick a Hurst hood on it and change the seat covers and he's selling it as a Hurst 300 "clone" for $6900 ????? Wouldn't see me shelling that kind of money out for it. Interesting thing is - neither one of them has the right front bumper for a 300.

I sent the guy an EMail and he gave me this response:

"Thanks for the reply a friend of mine who derbys nothing but Mopars feels the same way you do about the car. I am trading it for a 68 New Yorker 4 door this weekend. He says this 300 is too nice to derby. They are all junk cars to me If for some reason we do not shake a deal I will let you know."

I'll probably write back and ask for parts from the '68, if it has any good ones. :sad10:

That sounds like a great deal - I hope the car doesn't get destroyed. 8)

The average derby guy has little interest in classic cars or parts. I don't like AMC Pacers much but apparently they are the best car made for the demo class they run in - they destroy hundreds of them every year. :sad10: They are a great source for cheap parts, though - they usually throw away everything they rip out of one before they demo it. You just have to get there before trash day. :toothy5:

-
Back