what about sbm victor heads

-
Last I talked to someone there beyond the phone sales jockey was that they were going to use a W5 header bolt pattern. If that's still the case i have a set of TTI A body W5 headers sitting here doing nothing. I was waiting for these heads after moving on from our W5 project..... I gave up.

I don't understand these heads at all. If the idea was to make a "factory" style head that we can use standard rocker gear on why not use the factory exhaust port. Which would basically make it a bolt on upgrade. At least for those of us at the point of maxed out RPM eddy's. I don't know just a late night rant.... :banghead: I'm thinking if these heads require different headers "port to match" Super Victor why not just buy INDY? If your gonna have to rebuy everything except rocker gear? Unless these heads are gonna be cheap which I don't see either.

"standard rocker gear" can be a bit misleading.... I'm certain they would have been offset rockers similar to the W5/W2. One of my questions that went unanswered was as to whether I'd be able to use my Erson 1.6 rockers on them. They "thought" yes, but a final design hadn't been decided on. On paper it would have been a good head to fill the void left by the W5's and been a better casting to boot.... or at least that is what was conveyed to me. I imagine the biggest hurdle was figuring out if producing this head would be a good investment. Apparently they thought not.

Their Facebook page shows this response to being asked if they have been killed:

Edelbrock Performance Jay, no not yet. Actually we have some sample castings that we are dissecting and cutting up to make sure there are no issues. If all is good then we'll make our first production run. We honestly will have them, exactly when I couldn't say. Hopefully by the end of this year 2013.

So who knows...maybe...one day.

HA! I was going to post that up..... that's ME! :)

Id juste called them and the answer was

(I dont know sir)
we receive alote of call for them but we do not know
they will be release or be ready to ship

Does someone from mopar is working at edelbrock now

I know I know

no one seem to believe they will release them
and ounce again Id called them today
I think the guy recognize me LOL

I spoke to a kyle he made me wait for a few minutes on the line
and came back and said maibe a good news for you
they are suppose to be in production the first week of april
and release to there seller at the end of april:wav:

Hopefully it actually happens this time....otherwise these motors are going to be century old antiques at this rate

I hope you're right , but I'm not going to hold my breath. The first time i called , they told me november 2012 ...

this is what is posted on Hughes website..and they say the 1st run will be in april....the last line says they use BB rocker arms...so i guess the 10 set of sb rockers I have wont work...and the w5 port sucks too...got a few sets of w2 headers...LOL

These new Victor Series cylinder heads are for use on 1967-1989, 318-360 c.i. Chrysler LA engines. They feature fully CNC ported 58cc combustion chambers and have an intake port volume of 225cc. These heads are an in-line valve design incorporating a 16° valve angle (stock is 18°) for improved air flow and increased power levels over heavily ported stock versions. They also feature the Chrysler W5 bolt pattern and have raised exhaust ports. The intake port has also been raised approximately 3/4" and the flange has also been extended to accommodate a stock (race) intake manifold such as our Super Victor #2815. Finally, a 5.56" overall length valve (+0.600" from stock) and raised rocker cover permit larger port cross-sections than in the stock head. These heads will use standard big block rocker arms. Four versions are available; bare, bare with valves, complete (for hydraulic/flat tappet cams and solid roller cams) and Pro Port Raw. End-seal spacers are provided.

this is what is posted on Hughes website..and they say the 1st run will be in april....the last line says they use BB rocker arms...so i guess the 10 set of sb rockers I have wont work...and the w5 port sucks too...got a few sets of w2 headers...LOL

These new Victor Series cylinder heads are for use on 1967-1989, 318-360 c.i. Chrysler LA engines. They feature fully CNC ported 58cc combustion chambers and have an intake port volume of 225cc. These heads are an in-line valve design incorporating a 16° valve angle (stock is 18°) for improved air flow and increased power levels over heavily ported stock versions. They also feature the Chrysler W5 bolt pattern and have raised exhaust ports. The intake port has also been raised approximately 3/4" and the flange has also been extended to accommodate a stock (race) intake manifold such as our Super Victor #2815. Finally, a 5.56" overall length valve (+0.600" from stock) and raised rocker cover permit larger port cross-sections than in the stock head. These heads will use standard big block rocker arms. Four versions are available; bare, bare with valves, complete (for hydraulic/flat tappet cams and solid roller cams) and Pro Port Raw. End-seal spacers are provided.

sorry *(pro port raw) what the hell is this
maybe stupid question for some but I dont know what it is

TTI W5 headers here!!! get your TTI headers!!! :)

Edelbrock/Hughes updates and statements ,on this product:= :spam1.It's been 2.5,3 years?

These heads will use standard big block rocker arms.

misprint Maybe???? typed big instead of small block :violent1:

These heads will use standard big block rocker arms.

misprint Maybe???? typed big instead of small block :violent1:

I believe they use an offset rocker, which as far as I know factory BB rockers do have somewhat of an offset (.200" iirc), so I am thinking they are right about what they said...who knows though

big block rockers
w5 headers

who care as long as they do not cost
as much as the indy

they do not have casting problem like the indy

and flow 300cfm out of the box or close to it

the only thing that batter me a bit is Im waiting for those
heads for the last 2 years and I know one will make a
cnc porting for maybe the next 2 years so ...

-
Back