what am i doing wrong

-

sbmopar318

Reaction score
havin trouble gettin my torsion bars in i slid em in through the back but cant seem to get it to go in the hex slots any help very appreciated

it visually looks lined up put wont go in the slot i dont wanna hammer it to much i got the d side in by using a floor jack and pushing up a lil on the t bar then with little hammering but that aint workin for the d side

Probably binding on the control arms. Lift your control arms and wiggle them and they should slide in. I'm betting the hexes are not lined up.

ok ill try that this wud prob be easier wit two people huh anyways is there a front and back to t bars?

if you can have someone move the arm while holding the front in position, then from the back just get a socket and hammer it in. also you have them all greased up? I had the shocks and evereything off when I put mine in.

yes greased and yes shocks r off i tried moving the lower control arm up n downm wit floor jack no luck im beginin to think there is a front and back to a t bar is there?

are they new or used? they should have numbers or be marked Lor R. when I install them I put them in numbers or letters to the rear. also not dead sure but most times numbers even are left and odds are right. but if new just put them in facing rear.

they are use they came off the car 2 years ago ya i got the l n r down and i agree numbers to rear and the even on p side and odd on d side funny thing is my p side t bar is stamped wit numbers on front and back im gonna have a beer sit and contimplate shooting the car full of hole deside against it and sleep on it a see wat tomoro brings ill have a 2nd person tomoro thanks though camd64 ill send ya a pm when i get em in lol

You do have the torsion adjusting bolts backed off, and take shock off and yes it will be hard to move the lower control arm because your lifting all the weight of the spindle and drum/rotor. The bars are marked L and R make sure you have them in the correct side. I also install them with the Lor R to the rear. Don't be scared to tap on them from the rear to get them in, they're not that fragile.

Since they came off the car also look for any markings like if one end (the flat faced end) is clean since you know that part would be pretty new looking if it came out of the front. any markings that might help figure what end it came out of. hopefully the extra set of hands gets it done.

back the adjuster all the way out and loosen the nuts for the lower control arms so that the can turn with out binding.

hey guys thanks the extra set of hands got it done in like 2 min lol i had him push up on the t bar and one whack with the hammer and slid right in thanks guys

-
Back