What am i missing??..

-

He's free to ask whatever he thinks it's worth.... And we are free to laugh about it.... :lol:

$400 starter... ??? .. (mechanical for sale..)
You mean other than, like Myself, We've missed a golden opportunity to make a cool $8K for the modest investment of 5 cans of Gumout??? Nope!!

One of our members posted a certain part for sale for more then I thought it was worth, so I red Xed it...and he called me out on it

2 months later and said part does not appear to have sold

Well, he knows the date code. lol

I thought this guy's lost his marbles...
But then I thought I don't know everything about mopar so maybe I was missing something...
Turns out my first thought was probably correct..
Sad there can't be a little monitoring so some newbie doesn't get caught in this...

But then I thought I don't know everything about mopar so maybe I was missing something...
Sad there can't be a little monitoring so some newbie doesn't get caught in this...
And yet if you comment about it in the for sale thread your post will get deleted & you get a note telling you that your a bad person....

I.ve seen a number of items mis-identified, being sold as something they aren't... I'd like to comment & hopefully protect someone who doesn't know any better... But nope, not allowed...

If "some newbie" doesn't have enough SENSE to look and see what things sell for on the web with the computer AT HIS FINGERTIPS, maybe he needs to "get caught in this". I have little sympathy.

He is a young guy trying to build his project and his wife checks the bank acct, every day to be sure he did not spend any money. Give the kid a break!

He is a young guy trying to build his project and his wife checks the bank acct, every day to be sure he did not spend any money. Give the kid a break!

That would be cause to seek a different wife.

Thanks for all the comments.

If you wanted to educate me, you could always PM directly. I would listen and respond.

Newbie? Yes. Owned my Dart for 6 years.

What does my age, marital status or bank account have to do with it? By the way, you missed on all three.

My internet search showed a rusty starter for $250 and a restored starter for $600. Apparently, I am way off the mark with my price. Lesson learned.

I joined this forum to learn about my car and buy and sell parts. It's been a great experience, so far. Thanks to all who have contributed to my education including Rusty. Several members have helped me directly, GTX John and 72 bluNblu. Thanks, guys.

Hoping you all have a great Fourth of July celebrating our great country.

Robert

I have a friend in Wash. All he does is 67 - 69 Darts.
He has dudes buying date correct everything, he has builders phoning from all over the world to get the absolute correct part .
They pay amazing prices, for car show/auction pieces.
Just saying .

BTW rockauto has reman starters starting at (ha, ha) $24! and going up to about $95 for their top of the line.

If date code is not an issue why would you pay more?

I scrolled down to a 1984 Diplomat 318 (to save time) but they are all interchangeable.

Without question pick and pull is the place to get a starter out of a Magnum truck or s u v... The Mini starter in my wife 98 Durango is original with a 180000 miles. And the one in my Dodge truck 1998 has a 155000 miles and is original...
The Mini starter on the stroker for my duster I found on the ground at the pick and pull. Which I had my choice of 2...
The one in the power wagon I actually had the unbolt from a durango as a pick and pull... $22.50....
Give it a heavy cover of WD40 and wipe it off with paper towels. then give it a heavy cover of WD40 and scrub it with an old toothbrush and wipe it off with paper towels and do that 1 more time, and it comes out like new...

Thanks for all the comments.

If you wanted to educate me, you could always PM directly. I would listen and respond.

Newbie? Yes. Owned my Dart for 6 years.

What does my age, marital status or bank account have to do with it? By the way, you missed on all three.

My internet search showed a rusty starter for $250 and a restored starter for $600. Apparently, I am way off the mark with my price. Lesson learned.

I joined this forum to learn about my car and buy and sell parts. It's been a great experience, so far. Thanks to all who have contributed to my education including Rusty. Several members have helped me directly, GTX John and 72 bluNblu. Thanks, guys.

Hoping you all have a great Fourth of July celebrating our great country.

Robert
Nice, respectful reply keeping your ahead "above" the water instead of "tanking". I see you've sold a lot of things here already. Good luck with your future sales and your car.

Some of us like the distinct sound of an OEM non-mini starter.

It certainly adds to the character of the car.

In 10 years I wish I learned every lesson on this forum the easy way and from someone who was friendly and nut tickling... I've had people calling for the tar and feathers more than a handfull of times for sure l o l...

And yet if you comment about it in the for sale thread your post will get deleted & you get a note telling you that your a bad person....

I.ve seen a number of items mis-identified, being sold as something they aren't... I'd like to comment & hopefully protect someone who doesn't know any better... But nope, not allowed...
You can always PM the seller and warn them of the problem and give them a chance to correct their ad, sometimes they aren't knowledgeable enough and make an honest mistake.

You can always PM the seller and warn them of the problem and give them a chance to correct their ad, sometimes they aren't knowledgeable enough and make an honest mistake.
Have you ever been cursed out for trying to help anybody out?..
We're dealing with the public here, and we definitely don't know what kind of response you're going to get even if you're helping out...
For instance, the time that I asked what made the chevy chavette rare??.. As the email came back completely cursing me out re affirming his claim in the ad that it had the original handbook in the glove box... And it was worth every penny that he was asking...( Which was completely outrageous and I will bet the farm that he didn't get it...)
This is only one example where I tried to politely understand The asking price. I'm just not confronting people about it anymore.. This is like one out of a hundred where I said anything because it was so gosh darn outrageous...

Have you ever been cursed out for trying to help anybody out?..
We're dealing with the public here, and we definitely don't know what kind of response you're going to get even if you're helping out...
For instance, the time that I asked what made the chevy chavette rare??.. As the email came back completely cursing me out re affirming his claim in the ad that it had the original handbook in the glove box... And it was worth every penny that he was asking...( Which was completely outrageous and I will bet the farm that he didn't get it...)
This is only one example where I tried to politely understand The asking price. I'm just not confronting people about it anymore.. This is like one out of a hundred where I said anything because it was so gosh darn outrageous...

I sometimes PM prospective buyers on parts that are ridiculously priced, or what to look for as possible problems with parts.
(Like 73 up plastic door panel caps)
They are almost all warped and crack when the install is done.
A heat gun can help a lot with those.

IMG_5894.gif

-
Back